iPod God apple is pissing me off with this 1418 error on the ipods

rayray1017

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Texas, Houston
it truly upsets me how apple has chosen to handle this problem. they have locked up the apple.com/discussion threads on the topic and you cannot even type in 1418 when logged into apple's forums....ridiculous

rayray1017

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Texas, Houston
yes, similar to that one. I have several "fixes" to no avail, but what i find most disturbing is apple's lack of accountability. they refuse to acknowledge the problem and moreover they are removing entire threads on their forums to make the problem seem less widespread.

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
I was getting two errors at different times and was not able to update or restore my iPod. I spent alot of time on the phone with some very nice Applecare techs and got both problems fixed. The errors I was getting were a 1417 error and a 1418 error. I tried to document the steps that Applecare had me go through as best I could and I have posted them on this site (see link). Hope this helps. BTW, I'm using a PC and was working with a newly delivered refurb iPod Video 60GB. Everything works great since the help from Applecare.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/238147/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.