God bless you iPhone 4 users!

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 25, 2013
I picked up an iPhone 4 today for dirt cheap in order to take advantage of Verizon's generous $200 trade in towards the iPhone 6! Man, this phone is showing its age. It's laggy as all get out and just flat out slow. I I had to use this for more than a week I'd lose my mind! I can't believe the numbers of people who use this phone still. iPhone 4 users must have the patience of a saint! Wow! Only one week though ;)

jjgrask

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
Had the 4 forever and thought all phones were this slow. Trading for the 5S in one month. The 6 will probably have issues and become a 6S or something. I am patient.

techn9ne

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2014
Livin it up on a 4S and aint got nothin to complain about. I've never had a 5, c, or s and ain't gonna have the 6 anytime soon. Don't know what I'm missing and it's fast enough for me. I'm sure the 5S will be a great upgrade when I get to it but I'm fine for now.

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
I picked up an iPhone 4 today for dirt cheap in order to take advantage of Verizon's generous $200 trade in towards the iPhone 6! Man, this phone is showing its age. It's laggy as all get out and just flat out slow. I I had to use this for more than a week I'd lose my mind! I can't believe the numbers of people who use this phone still. iPhone 4 users must have the patience of a saint! Wow! Only one week though ;)
How much did you have to pay for it? $50ish?

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 25, 2013
Had the 4 forever and thought all phones were this slow. Trading for the 5S in one month. The 6 will probably have issues and become a 6S or something. I am patient.

I had the 5 and never had any issues. I'm not sure that just because a new phone is coming out its doomed to have issues.

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
It's not that slow... it's my main phone!

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
Well spare a thought for me… I'm still using the 3G! Sometimes I wait 5 seconds for a key-press to register. Going to be a big upgrade. :)

Dunbar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I still have my old AT&T iPhone 4 from when I ported over to Verizon 2 years ago. It never worked the same after I had a cell shop replace the home button but I'm still planning to trade it in to Verizon for $200. And yes it was painfully slow 2 years ago when I got an S3.

sracer

macrumors G3
Apr 9, 2010
Prescott Valley, AZ
I am running iOS 7, but it is probably not that bad for me because I have been on this phone for 4 years.
Up until a few months ago I was running ios 5.x on my iPhone 4. Over 2 years old and the phone was still liquid smooth... No lag, no stuttering, flawless. Due to the various security issues I upgraded to 7. No matter what remedies I tried it remains a laggy stuttering mess. :( I'll need to upgrade to an iPhone 5 or 6. :confused:

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
I'm using an iPhone 4 still. I got it when it was free with the Verizon contract. It is definitely not as fast as I would like, I really have to stick to basic stuff with it (no fancy apps).

I'll be upgrading to the 6 when my contract ends.

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
I have the 5 and will be sticking with it. Don't like the look of the 6 and never cared for the 4 and 4s.
I've got to agree that the 5 has held up very well. After 2 years it still feels very fast. Every prior iPhone has felt sluggish to me by the two years mark. I feel like the industry has reached a point where hardware has outpaced software. Hopefully the trend will continue and give these phones a bit longer life.
That said, I'll be up tonight for the preorder :D

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
Been using an iPhone 4 since launch in June 2010.

Apart from the rather basic camera, I don't have any real reason to upgrade yet.

It still works, even if it won't be getting iOS8...

Must admit that I get itchy fingers around iPhone launches, have this week gone from "MUST upgrade to 6+" to "might go for the 5s" to "nah, feck it, what do I need that for?"... :)

jjgrask

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014

Had my IPhone 4 since the beginning. I never knew any different. The 5 and 5s came out and I was broke so I never upgraded it. It is slow, reception stinks here in the country, home button does not work most of the time and only being a 16 it is always full. Please tell me the 6 will be my dream come true.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Had my IPhone 4 since the beginning. I never knew any different. The 5 and 5s came out and I was broke so I never upgraded it. It is slow, reception stinks here in the country, home button does not work most of the time and only being a 16 it is always full. Please tell me the 6 will be my dream come true.
It won't if you get the 16GB version. ;):rolleyes:

CYB3RBYTE

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2014
Midwest
I still go back to my iPhone 4 16GB from time to time because I honestly think it is a better phone than my Galaxy S4. Its not halfway full of bloatware like the Samsung, and it actually drives my earphones better than my Samsung does as well. I can also take better pictures using my iPhone 4 than my Galaxy. My iPhone 4 will always hold a special place in my gadget heart :D. Anyhow, its still very fast on iOS 7 for me!

PS- Double screen protected that sucker, couldn't be happier!

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
Then you certainly will enjoy your new iPhone ... Will you get the Plus or Minus? :)
I got the smaller one on launch day. Yes, certainly enjoying the upgrade! Only frustration for me is the location of the lock/sleep button. I find I'm accidentally turning off the phone when I mean to adjust volume, or when I'm not meaning to press anything at all. I'm starting to wish there was a way to completely disable the lock button, and just let the phone go to sleep by itself. But other than that, yeah, great device!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.