God bless you iPhone 4 users!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, Sep 11, 2014.

1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I picked up an iPhone 4 today for dirt cheap in order to take advantage of Verizon's generous $200 trade in towards the iPhone 6! Man, this phone is showing its age. It's laggy as all get out and just flat out slow. I I had to use this for more than a week I'd lose my mind! I can't believe the numbers of people who use this phone still. iPhone 4 users must have the patience of a saint! Wow! Only one week though ;)

2. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

3. jjgrask macrumors newbie

Had the 4 forever and thought all phones were this slow. Trading for the 5S in one month. The 6 will probably have issues and become a 6S or something. I am patient.

4. ORLMAGICFAN macrumors newbie

ORLMAGICFAN

5. techn9ne macrumors member

Livin it up on a 4S and aint got nothin to complain about. I've never had a 5, c, or s and ain't gonna have the 6 anytime soon. Don't know what I'm missing and it's fast enough for me. I'm sure the 5S will be a great upgrade when I get to it but I'm fine for now.

6. megapopular macrumors 6502a

How much did you have to pay for it? $50ish?

7. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

I had the 5 and never had any issues. I'm not sure that just because a new phone is coming out its doomed to have issues.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have the 5 and will be sticking with it. Don't like the look of the 6 and never cared for the 4 and 4s.

9. stuffradio macrumors 65816

It's not that slow... it's my main phone!

10. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

It's a lagmeister if running iOS7.

11. stuffradio macrumors 65816

I am running iOS 7, but it is probably not that bad for me because I have been on this phone for 4 years.

12. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

4 is pretty slow now.

I still use a 4S as an iPod, and that thing is a GREAT phone still.

13. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

GO ME GO!!!!!!!!!!GO ME GO!!!!!!!!
    I cant wait for a upgrade.

14. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

Well spare a thought for me… I'm still using the 3G! Sometimes I wait 5 seconds for a key-press to register. Going to be a big upgrade. :)

15. Dunbar macrumors 6502

I still have my old AT&T iPhone 4 from when I ported over to Verizon 2 years ago. It never worked the same after I had a cell shop replace the home button but I'm still planning to trade it in to Verizon for $200. And yes it was painfully slow 2 years ago when I got an S3.

16. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

Yep! Craigslist is littered with them!

----------

Wow! Your going to be like a kid in a candy store!!

17. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Up until a few months ago I was running ios 5.x on my iPhone 4. Over 2 years old and the phone was still liquid smooth... No lag, no stuttering, flawless. Due to the various security issues I upgraded to 7. No matter what remedies I tried it remains a laggy stuttering mess. :( I'll need to upgrade to an iPhone 5 or 6. :confused:

18. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

I'm using an iPhone 4 still. I got it when it was free with the Verizon contract. It is definitely not as fast as I would like, I really have to stick to basic stuff with it (no fancy apps).

I'll be upgrading to the 6 when my contract ends.

19. err404 macrumors 68020

I've got to agree that the 5 has held up very well. After 2 years it still feels very fast. Every prior iPhone has felt sluggish to me by the two years mark. I feel like the industry has reached a point where hardware has outpaced software. Hopefully the trend will continue and give these phones a bit longer life.
    That said, I'll be up tonight for the preorder :D

20. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Been using an iPhone 4 since launch in June 2010.

Apart from the rather basic camera, I don't have any real reason to upgrade yet.

It still works, even if it won't be getting iOS8...

Must admit that I get itchy fingers around iPhone launches, have this week gone from "MUST upgrade to 6+" to "might go for the 5s" to "nah, feck it, what do I need that for?"... :)

21. jjgrask macrumors newbie

Had my IPhone 4 since the beginning. I never knew any different. The 5 and 5s came out and I was broke so I never upgraded it. It is slow, reception stinks here in the country, home button does not work most of the time and only being a 16 it is always full. Please tell me the 6 will be my dream come true.

22. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Then you certainly will enjoy your new iPhone ... Will you get the Plus or Minus? :)

23. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It won't if you get the 16GB version. ;):rolleyes:

24. CYB3RBYTE macrumors regular

CYB3RBYTE

I still go back to my iPhone 4 16GB from time to time because I honestly think it is a better phone than my Galaxy S4. Its not halfway full of bloatware like the Samsung, and it actually drives my earphones better than my Samsung does as well. I can also take better pictures using my iPhone 4 than my Galaxy. My iPhone 4 will always hold a special place in my gadget heart :D. Anyhow, its still very fast on iOS 7 for me!

PS- Double screen protected that sucker, couldn't be happier!

25. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

I got the smaller one on launch day. Yes, certainly enjoying the upgrade! Only frustration for me is the location of the lock/sleep button. I find I'm accidentally turning off the phone when I mean to adjust volume, or when I'm not meaning to press anything at all. I'm starting to wish there was a way to completely disable the lock button, and just let the phone go to sleep by itself. But other than that, yeah, great device!