God damn I already nicked my stainless steel watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by venividivigor, Apr 25, 2015.

1. venividivigor macrumors 6502

Lame...I shouldn't have worn a hoodie with the zipper undone, it totally clipped my watch...

2. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

It's a battle scar. These things are going to happen with a watch. Wear it with pride.

3. kbuck1984 macrumors member

The zipper chipped your watch?

4. venividivigor thread starter macrumors 6502

Have you ever ran or walked fast with a undone hoodie before? The part of the zipper that zips it up (whatever it's called) smacked the corner of my watch and made a mark on it.

5. shenfrey macrumors 68000

God damn I already nicked my stainless steel watch

Damn, so soon man! I know it's gonna get scratched and dented but I didn't think this early on. Makes me be more careful now.

6. nasa25, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015

nasa25 macrumors 65816

Sucks man. Try to avoid shrapnel hitting your watch in the future I guess

My white sport band came with a black speck on it as an added feature. Wasn't pleased at all.

7. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

my SG sport already has a slight nick on the case and hairline scratch on screen. I was medicated yesterday and in bed or at my desk for the majority of the day so it had to have been something around my desk that scratched it and I can't think of anything fine enough to make the scratch i have. Seems like daily use is going to do a quick toll on these watches. Yearly cycles are quickly looking like it will happen.

8. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

thats horrible i can honestly feel your pain because i too would feel like crap.

9. Lac5q macrumors newbie

What part got scratched?

10. bob24 macrumors 6502

Pics or this thread is useless.

Nicked doesn't mean the same think to everyone, and there are many OCD cases on the forums.

11. Esexx macrumors 6502

Esexx

At least you don't have to worry about it anymore. It was bound to happen. Just like a brand new car when you get that first ding.

12. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

If you've seen Unbox Therapy's video of an Ion-X glass scratch test, you'll see that you really won't damage it unless it rubs on sandpaper. How did you manage to do that without noticing?

13. NAYo2002 macrumors 6502

Your wife's diamond ring?

14. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

i was wondering to. Don't get me wrong, it is hairline and I only noticed it because its me. But something did it without me even noticing I brushed something. I have had a every apple product for as long as I can remember and a few have given me the same mystery scratch (OG iPhone being the first but that was new glass tech i suppose) Im not complaining or upset just pointing all this out, it happens when it is worn on your arm which you use all day.

----------

could be?

15. kbuck1984 macrumors member

Thankfully none of my hoodies have zippers. Just pull overs. Unfortunately we'll all get some nicks and dings in time. Enjoy yours, sorry it happened so soon.

16. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

Haha. I'm the same - I can find even the tinyest mark or scratch on a device that noone else can!

17. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

18. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I think the word "patina" is going to be getting a lot of use around here.

19. Eeko macrumors regular

I'm usually pretty OCD with my stuff, but a watch is different. I'm not going to bothered by scratches on the case.

20. FourOhFour macrumors member

If it isn't deep, you might be able to polish it out with something like a Cape Cod Polishing Cloth.

Or just let it be, it was bound to happen eventually anyway.

21. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

As long as the watch functions its all good

22. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I wore a hoodie with a zip yesterday and didn't run into that problem. I did, however, whack the edge of my watch on the edge of the opened stainless steel trash compactor. Nothing happened to the trash compactor or the watch. It's really luck of the draw, I guess. Sorry to hear about yours. Today is another day, I'm bound to have another mishap. I'm resigned to seeing some scuffs on this. Since it's so damned shiny I'm thinking some scuffs might be an improvement. I find myself wishing it had a brushed stainless finish like a couple of my Seiko watches do.

23. 5684697 Suspended

No, the chipper zipped his watch.

It happens to $10,000 IWC's and Breitlings, you'll probably live.

24. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

For some reason I read the title and saw "nickel plated my stainless steel watch" and was really curious.