God some Apple Store Employees are Arrogant

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daviddcmd, Oct 21, 2013.

1. daviddcmd macrumors member

So I go into the Montgomery Mall Apple store, DC suburbs, to get a new charger cable because the head of the cable had come off. I check in and eventually get a new cable after first being told by two employees they don't have a replacement. Mind you it's a two week old Iphone cable. So I complain and was given a NEW cable, cool, thanks!

Then the attitude twins got even worse when I asked about Imessage and switching back and forth between my Android Moto X and the Iphone 5C.

Both told me I couldn't do it, but I'm sure I read you could. Then I hear this
    "why would you want to". If I had had the box on me I would have returned the iphone right then and there.

*******s.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

As far as I know imessages are only for apple devices.
    I don't know how you expected to send/receive imessages with an android.

3. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

So basically they originally didn't want to give you a free lightening cable, then they inquired as to why one would want to iMessage with a Moto X? Seems pretty genuine to me.

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Well you read wrong. iMessage can't be sent to any other devices outside of the apple ecosystem.

5. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

everytime ive asked for a warranty replacement cable they just grab a new box and give it to me no questions asked.

secondly, you can't iMessage on a non-apple device and there are no outside apps that can do it except for one i think that requires a lot of spoofing.

6. rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

This. Always make sure your point is clear. I've worked with people... People suck. People want free ****. I get pissed off.
    On the plus side I have found out I don't want to be a psychologist and am a programmer now #

7. daviddcmd thread starter macrumors member

The broken cable was two weeks old. I didn't want a free cable I wanted a defective cable replaced.

I want to take my SIM card out of the Iphone and put it in my Moto X on occasion. But since Iphone use Imessage I can't get txts from Iphone users on the Moto X. I wanted to know if there was a way to do this without going through Imessage.

Thought I explained the issue to them but I guess I didn't cause they said I couldn't..

8. jonAppleSeed macrumors regular

Not going to touch the employee attitude, but I've switched the family over to Hangouts as it's cross platform and everyone uses what they want which isn't always apple.

9. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

not sure if I understand the story between a free cable and imessage! :rolleyes:

so is it still a cool story bro?

10. Solitude1984 macrumors 6502

Solitude1984

Well BBM cross-platform has technically launched. There is a waiting list now ... go to bbm.com to download it.

11. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

So you're asking if there is a way to get iMessages without iMessage?
    :confused:

12. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Disable iMessage?

13. cwosigns macrumors 65816

Before removing the SIM from the iPhone and putting it in the Moto, you would want to go into Settings-->Messages and disable iMessage. This should unregister your phone number from the iMessage system, and any text sent to your number from another iPhone should default to SMS instead of iMessage.

14. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

It'll just send an SMS. iPhones don't just use iMessage, they use a combination of iMessage, SMS and MMS, depending on the person on the receiving end.

15. cwosigns macrumors 65816

True, but if the iPhone that's sending him an iMessage has the "send as SMS" option disabled, they won't be able to send an SMS when the iMessage fails. So unless the sender knows he's got the SIM in his Moto X and uses an alternate messaging system, they'll be trying to iMessage him and it will just fail.

16. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

If the receiver has iMessage turned off, the sender's phone won't even attempt to send it as an iMessage because it knows that the receiver can only receive SMS. Whether the "send as SMS" option is enabled or disabled does not pertain to this scenario.

17. deeddawg macrumors 604

as stated, iMessage exists only on Apple devices.

So turn off iMessage on your phone and any other iDevices and just use regular SMS. Then you don't miss any texts from your friends.

18. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

ohh TS... how much entitlement can you have.

btw, you were the one in the bad here :eek: ;)

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's not what you said above.
    You can send and receive texts with any phone you put your sim in.
    If another apple user sends you an imessage and you're not using an iphone then it gets delivered as a regural text message.

20. L T macrumors 6502

L T

If your iMessage is set up to receive with your mobile number then surely when you friends message you it will either go as an iMessage or text spending which sim your phone is in

21. daviddcmd thread starter macrumors member

I turned off Imessage on both my Iphone and Ipad then turned off the phone.
    Still no txt messages from Iphones users.

Wonder if this is IOS7 related...

22. L T macrumors 6502

L T

Could it have been that people were messaging the email address linked to your Apple ID and not your mobile number. I have a friend who has my iCloud email down under my contact and messages me using that.

23. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

And that would have hurt them how?

24. that be me macrumors 6502

God, some Apple Store customers are arrogant!

I walked in to a local app store (which shall remain nameless) to see three geniuses trying to calm down a rather large lady. She was absolutely furious that her brand new iPhone 5s had bent when she had it in her back pocket while driving.

She was denied a replacement phone because, according to the geniuses, was damaged by the user. The lady then stormed out of the store saying Steve Jobs would never have allowed this product to be released.

*******s.

:rolleyes:

25. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Lol your post made me chuckle. Lol thanks dude.