GoFundMe page raising money for restaurant employee

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
http://www.foxla.com/news/gofundme-page-raising-money-for-restaurant-employee-who-allegedly-spat-on-eric-trump?fbclid=IwAR0zqZJWYGPIcuZD-SLY6SEv3cCT3DQKsrIxcWE69Gk9Lt68yjX0DB_DNx4
who allegedly spat on Eric Trump
A GoFundMe page says it is raising money for the restaurant employee who allegedly spat on Eric Trump Tuesday night.

It was reported that the president's son was confronted by a female server at The Aviary in Chicago. The Chicago Police Department and the Secret Service were involved in the incident
wonder if this will create some copy cats looking for a quick 15 minutes of fame and some cash

Mousse

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Good gawd.:rolleyes: Whatever happened to professionalism? Personal opinions have no place in the work place, especially in the service industry.

Before passing judgement though, I would like to know what lead up to The Spit™. If he groped her, then I would have been fine with her actions. Hail, I would have been fine with someone decking him. But since it's a high class establishment, groping the "serving wench" isn't a common occurrence, I would assume the reason was political. In which case, she was rightly canned.

benshive

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2017
United States
If it wasn't the waitress who set up the GoFundMe page (which it sounds like it isn't) then she's not going to get the money. I'm assuming whatever random person who decided to try and capitalize on the incident will get the money raised if it isn't taken down.

Reactions: jkcerda

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
but... why are they collecting money? did the restaraunt fire her for this act (IMHO, Just Cause to fire her).

or is it literally just trying to reward bad behaviour.

I'm not going to comment on political motivation behind it. it's clear that she detests the Trumps. but I don't think Spitting on someone isnt a worthy way of performing public protest or discourse.

She should lose her job.

however, gofundme's? go wild. i'm not supporting, but it's a free country.

Last edited:

vertical smile

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2014
Something in the water in Chicago.

What did the lady think was going to happen?

wonder if this will create some copy cats looking for a quick 15 minutes of fame and some cash
Maybe. It is sad that people think this kind of stuff is okay and gets rewarded from it.

At least the incident wasn't violent though.

Before passing judgement though, I would like to know what lead up to The Spit™. If he groped her, then I would have been fine with her actions. Hail, I would have been fine with someone decking him.
I agree.

I would assume the reason was political. In which case, she was rightly canned.
From everything I have read, it looked liked it was politically motivated.

Although, I wonder if the spitting was intentional or maybe from the woman yelling, and accidently spitting while yelling.

Either way, not the right place for that kind of behavior.

Mousse

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Although, I wonder if the spitting was intentional or maybe from the woman yelling, and accidently spitting while yelling.
Ah yes, the trigger for the ever so popular saying, "Say it, don't spray it.":D

Either way, not the right place for that kind of behavior.
Forgive her, she's a noob. A saucy, experienced waitress would have known to spit in his drink.:oops:

vertical smile

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2014
Forgive her, she's a noob. A saucy, experienced waitress would have known to spit in his drink.
I was kind of thinking the same thing.

I am not endorsing nor condoning doing this, as it is disgusting and despicable, but at least she would probably still have a job.

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
Guess her job didn't allow safe space timeouts, coloring books, crayons, play-doh or breaks to scream at the sky.... I am also going to have to assume they don't allow the crazies to bring their emotional support animals to work either.... ~ Sad!

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
There is a reason why spitting on people is illegal in many localities. It is an excellent way of spreading diseases like TB. I do not like Trump or his family, but spitting on somebody is really low. I wonder if the server can be prosecuted for assault.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
Please provide the source for that. If true, then he's showed more respect, and deserves more respect, than the server.
His wife was on TV yesterday saying how Eric was mature and calm about it and was not looking to pursue charges.

Probably not the reaction goober was hoping for.

Reactions: Mousse and VulchR

spacemnspiff

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
MD
Good gawd.:rolleyes: Whatever happened to professionalism? Personal opinions have no place in the work place, especially in the service industry.
Well, let's just say it starts at the top, seen the religious zealots on the Supreme Court bench spouting out their religious dogma. Yeah, whatever happened to professionalism.