Going about a color swap for my iPhone 5...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jamesesesesess, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

Does anyone have any clue how I can go about having a color swap for my iPhone 5? I have a black one right now and decided I'm feeling the white a little more. It would match great with my RMBP and I like the lighter aluminum. The black is great too, but I feel like the white is more distinct looking. By the time I changed my mind late last month, it was already preparing for shipment, so I couldn't cancel.

So here's the deal. The closest Apple store is 3 hours away from me. My first thought was to ship it to my dad, have him go to an Apple store and swap it, then bring it to me when he comes up next weekend. However, I just called the Apple store near him and the guy there said that while they have been getting shipments, they've all been snatched up by the online reservation. Obviously I can't do that since I've already upgraded my line, so getting one from an Apple store is pretty much a no. Otherwise I'd have to send it in to Apple, which would probably take 10 days from sending it back to free up my upgrade, which just sucks. There would have to be a way for AT&T to temporarily re-activate my iPhone 4S and the old SIM card in that, right? Then once I get the upgrade back available, I'd just need to keep checking back at the AT&T store 30 minutes away each day until they get some... I don't know how many they're getting in stock. I'll need to call tomorrow. This is basically the only way that I can see being able to do a color swap.

Unless Apple.com would be able to get me an exchange ahead of the 3-4 week wait? I could see it because I already have my iPhone 5 and just want an exchange, but it doesn't sound like something they'd do. Has anyone else tried this?

So much work just for a different color :( why do I have to live in the middle of nowhere.

2. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

3. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

why do you have to live in a first world and have first world problem. How unlucky of you to experience such difficulties early on in your life.

[​IMG]

4. Jamesesesesess thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for answering my question, you guys really helped me out :rolleyes:

The rudeness in this forum never fails to cease me :rolleyes: can't you just answer the question or leave the thread?

5. krnboy503 macrumors regular

Just drive 3 hours and return the phone. Then when you are able to reserve one at night, drive again to pick it up!

problem solved.

6. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude, you even mentioned how it's a lot of effort at the bottom of your post.

As far as I could tell you had already worked out all your options, and said "this is the only way I can see do do a colour swap". I'm not sure what else you wanted us to say?