Going back to my 3GS because of poor 3G data reception

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sd13, Jun 29, 2010.

1. sd13 macrumors regular

Can at&t reactivate my 3GS and deactivate my iphone4? My iphone 4 cannot keep a steady data stream anywhere...even with full bars. I cannot keep a connection with skype no matter how i hold it and i can keep a steady stream of music even though i had no problems with my 3gs. I plan to sell this piece of crap and go back to my flawless 3gs.

2. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Maybe you should try a replacement iPhone 4. I stream music all day with no issues.

3. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

I can hear the theme song to "Welcome Back Cotter" in the background.

I'm sure AT&T will do that. I doubt you can get the Unlimited Data plan though.

4. SaneDrummer macrumors newbie

Yes they can.

5. millertime021 macrumors 6502a

millertime021

Welcome back friend.

Even though our 3Gs iPhone's are "crap" now. ;)

6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

You don't have to do anything with ATT to use your old 3GS. just find an adapter to convert the micro-sim to a regular sim and pop it in your 3gs.

7. sd13 thread starter macrumors regular

i would try that but they are out of stock. I really want to like this phone but when i get a more reliable connection using edge compared to 3g, something is definitely wrong. I dont have any reception issue with phone calls no matter how i hold the phone. But data reliability has been terrible no matter how i hold it.

8. sd13 thread starter macrumors regular

i get similar ping numbers except i also get a few "no response from server" mesaages in between

9. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I have the same problem, but I think it's traffic. From 7-10am i was getting 5Mbps down and 1.6Mbps up. No way the 3GS was doing that. I'm sure it will get ironed out.

10. sd13 thread starter macrumors regular

are there any reliable microsim adapter dealers out there? i ordered one from ebay but i got scammed. I wanna compare the 3g connection between both phones before i go and return the i4.