Going from Android to iPhone 4s - should I wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ben911, Aug 17, 2013.

1. ben911 macrumors newbie

I don't use my cell phone much any more... mostly just for pictures these days. I have 2 iPads and I'm planning on moving myself and my wife to iPhone 4s in the next few weeks. I'm going contract free with Consumer Wireless (uses AT&T towers) and I need to own unlocked AT&T phones first. I have one 4s lined up from a friend who wants to upgrade to 5 but the other I'll have to pick up on eBay or something....

How much better will it be to wait for the 5s release before getting the second 4s? I'll have to get a cheap phone to use in the meantime if I wait.

I am thinking that a lot of used phones right now may have a higher chance of having issues from people trying to get rid of phones that have quirks... but that after the 5s release there may be a lot more good 4s phones on the market.

2. kevink2 macrumors 65816

I think it depends on the prices of the 4s.

The reputed 5C, if released in the US, will probably drive the prices down for older iPhones like the 4S, especially since it doesn't support LTE.

3. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

Yup, just wait until next month. It would drive down the prices, especially when apple made the 4S as the "bottom" pricing.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

That's why I kept my old flip phone. My backup. Don't give it away, don't throw it away, don't e-wast it.

5. Bear macrumors G3

What apps do you want to run on the iPhone? You might be better off getting a 5C or 5S when they're released just so they last longer (and have a warranty and new battery).

Also, prices on used iPhones tend to drop for at least a bit when a new model goes up for sale as the used models tend to flood the market, so if you're set on a 4s, that might be a good point to get them.

6. ben911 thread starter macrumors newbie

The only apps I would run are probably angry birds, music, and some games for my daughter when we are stuck waiting somewhere. I stopped using apps on my phone when I got my iPad3

I may use facetime, messaging, etc..

I would like a better camera but it's not worth $500. I have to buy an unlocked phone... no contract, no payments.