going from PC to MAC and i don't wanna lose my contacts!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lechon, Dec 4, 2007.

1. lechon macrumors newbie

i'm still wwaiting for my iMac to arrive. i think i'm ready for the conversion. i just need to make sure i'll still have my contacts once i sync my iphone with my imac.

i have all my contacts stored in ms outlook on my pc. how do i make sure i'll still have have those contacts on my new imac? i don't want to lose them (it happened once when ms outlook went wacky one day and my contacts disappeared forever).

2. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

3. greatestash macrumors member

greatestash

Contacts will be safe

Contact syncing is a two way process. if you are switching from PC to Mac, when you will plug your iPhone with Mac, it will ask to erase and install as it is synced with PC. dont click erase; just hit cancel and from tabs, select that you want to sync contacts and calender only as these are two way sync processes. once you sync your contacts and calender, then you can erase and restore from Mac without losing any contact info.

i did this two months back when i switched from PC to Mac.

4. KiDFuZioN macrumors newbie

Also make sure you click Merge Info instead of replace info.

5. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

here's what I did:

just transfer your contacts to yahoo adress book (it does it all for you). don't depend on your computer to back up you addresses. trust me, its not worth it.

6. horrgakx macrumors member

horrgakx

Not sure if this helps you, but I'm using the iPhone with 2 PC's (both WinXP).
    I'm syncing with BOTH my home PC and my work PC okay.
    Its just iTunes* that you have to keep an eye on, you need to get it to merge and it seems to work.

*ie. the worst program in the world. Next to Lotus Notes that is.