Going from PC to Mac with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by awadeee, Mar 26, 2012.

1. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I purchased a MBP on the weekend and I'm wondering how to get my iTunes library from my PC to my Mac, as well as make my Mac able to put songs on my iPhone without having to delete everything first. Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks. :)

2. mbell1975 macrumors 6502a

Google is your friend. Took me 5 seconds to find this :)

http://www.macworld.com/article/1146958/move_itunes_windows_mac.html

3. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Well the above article is quite old (itunes 9!) and I would advice you not to copy over files like that.

A simpler way is to setup iTunes on the Mac and enter your account details and Authorize the computer. Enable Home Sharing on both Mac and PC, then put them on same WiFi network. Once done, on the Mac iTunes, you should see the PC on the left side with subheadings of Apps, Music, etc. You can click each section and copy over to your Mac. This will copy all the stuff from PC to MAC iTunes over WiFi. Simple !

Of course, if you connect your iphone to Mac, you will need to restore everything. It still works the same way :(

So once everything is copied over. Connect your iphone to Mac, it "may" prompt to setup as new since its synced with another computer (PC)... Do not select that ! On the iphone name on left, Control-Click and Backup the phone. Now setup as new and restore from this backup on the Mac. You are all set !!

4. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

Thanks guys! Basically what I'm doing is copying all my files over after consolidating them using an external HDD and then putting them on my Mac and importing the library. I wish I could just sync the phone with my new Mac without having to delete everything. :(