Going on holiday (vacation to the U.S.)...wishing to buy a watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MisterBigMack, Jul 2, 2015.

1. MisterBigMack macrumors member

Hi

I am travelling to America for a holiday next week and I've never really bought any electrical devices overseas but was thinking about picking up an apple watch but is there anything making it hard for me to get one?

I live in the UK by the way, is it just the charger that is different? And how would I go about getting it to work?

Would I just need to buy a UK charger when I get back home? Will it work easily enough to do this or is there anything else I need to take into consideration? Will it sync fine with my iPhone which I've obviously bought back here in the UK

Thanks and hope someone can help

2. aberrero macrumors 6502a

you can plug it into any USB port, like the one from your iphone charger, or iPad. Avoid using weak USB ports because they might not put out enough power, but any apple branded one or 1amp labeled one is fine.

The purchase process is really. You just go in, try it on, and give them your money.

3. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

Yes, basically the only difference should be the charging plug provided in the box. The first AW I had was bought in China and paired with an iPhone 6 Plus from Hong Kong and they connected just fine.

The Watch should be simple enough that you don't have to worry about anything else. If you were buying a phone or an iPad with 3G/LTE capabilities, then I would caution you to look into the specs and see if they were compatible with the data networks in your country (for instance, iPhones in Canada would not work with the 3G or LTE bands used by my current telecom company in China, but my iPhone from Hong Kong works with all bands in Hong Kong, China and Canada) but since the Watch just piggybacks off your phone, there's a lot fewer things to worry about.

4. nickkrumors macrumors member

Just be sure to check on the website or the app if the Apple stores in the area have the particular model you want in stock before going in and you should be golden. My local store has had stock of most models every single day since they first came into stores a few weeks ago. Enjoy your watch!

5. Erikkk macrumors newbie

can you explain how to do this? my brother will travel to USA next month and i want to know if miami have the model that i want