Going out of country...quick question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEFAN8, Jul 23, 2012.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I'm going to Punta Cana tomorrow and was wondering if I turn off 3G celluar data but keep wi-fi on, will I get charged with imessaging other iPhone people in the United States from Punta cana if just wi-fi is on? I don't want to get charged roaming so i'll turn off 3G but keep on wi-fi. Thanks

2. ah123 macrumors regular

As long as the wi-fi you're accessing is free, then you won't get charged a thing.

Also bear in mind that if you're out of wi-fi range, then any messages you send will be sent as normal SMS messages so be careful with that.

3. cynics macrumors G3

Should be ok, I'd just stay in airplane mode and use wifi when available. Oddly enough I have a friend that left for punta Cana yesterday.

4. RNVarma macrumors regular

Just be careful roaming in other countries. I would suggest airplane mode With wifi on.

5. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

As the previous posters said, have Airplane mode and wifi on and you'll be set

6. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Cool, I told my family the same thing cause they're clueless with this stuff, figured i'd check on here to be safe. I'll have it in airplane most of the time but in the room just wi-fi to communicate with friends back here in the US.