Going over 200mb limit after IOS 5 upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NYRangers11, Nov 12, 2011.

1. NYRangers11 macrumors member

Hey guys,
    I got an iPhone 4 with AT&T that I recently upgraded to IOS 5. I have a 200mb internet plan on my phone and have never previously went over the limit. After the upgrade i find that i am easily going over the limit. My browsing really has not changed. When I am home I connect thru my my WiFi. Can someone please make a recommendation whether I should turn off any services like iCloud or anything like that? Or possibly anything else?

Thanks

2. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

3. szolr macrumors 6502

These American networks...

From what I understand, Verizon's CDMA technology is their big pitfall; Sprint's is their reliance on 4G WiMax instead of 3G or LTE; AT&T's just plain awful. I do feel sorry for you. :(

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

5. bp1000 macrumors 65816

I also feel sorry for them

I know its not helpful but if the uk can offer unlimited data then why can't they.

Although I have unlimited data I rarely exceed 600mb and the most ever was 1.3gb.

6. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I'm excited about Onavo... seems like a great app!

7. szolr macrumors 6502

I know-it's a joke tbh. I average about 500 MB but have gone over 1 GB and even 2GB sometimes. It just seems alien to me to even check how many minutes/texts/data I use-you can't best unlimited packages.

Really it seems the punishment invoked on America for having 4G available-data caps are the only way to stop people going massively overboard on internet usage. Unfortunately the carriers don't change their policy for non 4G phones like the iPhone. :(

8. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Interesting. My husband's iphone4 is on a 200MB plan, which has always been enough. This is the first time we're seeing that it might not be. I wonder if this app would be worthwhile. Has anyone tried it?

9. QAZWSXEDCRFV macrumors newbie

Yes all the networks here are terrible except for verizon. Even though they run CDMA I have always had them as my phone company, no quesitons asked. Sprint and AT&T are the worst..

I honestly dont think CDMA is all that bad..

10. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

So you've always had Verizon, but you know Sprint and AT&T are the worst. interesting.

I've had verizon, then tmobile, then AT&T. Guess it depends on what your needs are, where you live, who your employer offers a discount for...

11. szolr macrumors 6502

Sure, it isn't. :rolleyes: Remind me why the iPhone 4S is a world phone with both GSM and CDMA capabilities...

Outside the States CDMA is pretty non existent-so Verizon would be fine in your home state, but a bit further afield, not so good. All UK networks are GSM for instance: a pattern that's echoed across much of Europe and the rest of the world.

12. TC25 macrumors 68020

These European irrelevancies.....

13. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

Haha I'm finding I'm easily getting to my 2GB limit with my 4S. Gahh I wish AT&T would bring back their unlimited data!

14. szolr macrumors 6502

You want to argue over Europe v the States or something? Grow up. That's not what this thread's about.

15. TheiPhoneChick macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

You should say that to the person that dished it out first.