Going to the apple store to re sell mine to disapointed customers?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hreyhrey, Mar 15, 2012.

1. hreyhrey macrumors member

So do you guys think this will work? The apple store near me is inside one of the most expensive malls in america and apparently the apple stores will run out of ipad 3's fairly quickly past 8am..

So whats stopping me from going at like noon -2pm and finding a dissapointed customer wanting one and offer $650 for the 16gb wifi version??

2. kxfrog macrumors regular

what a lovely thing to do, so kind hearted of you.

3. adamfilip macrumors 6502a

adamfilip

Whats stopping you?.. apparently not your morals.. :rolleyes:

4. hreyhrey thread starter macrumors member

well again this is literly one of the most expensive malls in America

For the dissapointed customers its either buy this for $150 price hike or wait a month or more

5. maclook macrumors 65816

If people buy it, it's not really immoral. It's just really stupid that you're asking for advice.

6. Richmond1958 macrumors member

Next to creating havoc in a mall, the worst possible thing you can do is to conduct busines in one without a lease. You would probably get away with it for one transaction done discretely, but there will likely be security guards around anyways, and if you are in the mall loudly trying to make bank off your iPad, you are going to get run out of there quickly.

Also, I'd be worried about running into a lot of angry Apple fans. Best to do this sort of thing, if you do it at all, somewhere else.

7. Apple Key macrumors 6502a

Apple Key

Just be careful. It could end up being dangerous. Demand is going to be extremely high.

8. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

doesn't appear that way, at least from the listings in my local craigslist...

9. hreyhrey thread starter macrumors member

I know, I figured its because craigslist seems shady as hell especially for a $700 item

Now if I go into the store with this **** why not

10. Apple Key macrumors 6502a

Apple Key

I wonder how many of those are legitimate though.

11. TB07-NJ, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

The demand won't start until after (if) the stores all run out. I do think there are a lot more out there this time.

12. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

Real class act there.

Looking to get a small little premium could be OK- law of supply and demand. but looking to make $150 is not very nice. Reminds me of ticket scalpers.

13. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i know this isnt the extreme as a true scallywag, but you sure are taking advantage of people there. you scallywag you.

14. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

Don't listen to these people about "morals". Buying an extra iPad to sell is fine. Buying hundreds to sell is a dick move (if it was even possible, large company/no buying limits). Morals has nothing to do with it, unless you are attempting to deceive someone to buy it. If you have a willing adult as a buyer, this is fine. You might not get what you ask, but do it if you want.

15. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

Nothing. Only you should be asking $950.

BJ

16. noles200 macrumors member

What's the tax in the state you're selling it. Take that into account it's not REALLY $150 price hike. It's probably more like $110 to $125 price hike.

This is all for not though if you go there and they still have them in the store! :D:D:D I guess then you could just return it.

17. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

The law of supply and demand has kindness limits? Educate us please. What's a fair price to get for a product that is extremely popular and very limited? Is there a fairness scale, or is he allowed to get as much as he wants from a willing buyer?

18. iohass macrumors regular

if someone is willing to pay, i don't see any crime in this

19. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Because it's Apple's store, not yours?

20. Richmond1958 macrumors member

Agreed.

Another way to look at the fairness argument is in reverse ... isn't it unfair to prevent a willing buyer who is willing to pay that price from doing so?

21. richlee111 macrumors regular

There is just one problem w/ your plan: How many people will be going to the Apple store w/ $650 cash?????? Yea, there will be plenty of people there to buy one, esp at a high end mall. But these days most people put it on their credit or debit card. On Craigs the buyer will know to bring cash so that's never an issue.

Anyhow, just pointing out something small but obvious:)

22. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

----------

The main reason is most malls prohibit doing that (solicitation of customers) or there would be people running all over the place trying to sell all kinds of stuff. You could be thrown out. It's private property and they have the right to toss you and they will especially if it's such a high end mall.

23. JesseW6889 macrumors 6502

I'd say you should buy a square credit card reader from the Apple store, then you'd be all set!

24. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

maybe legal, but it doesnt make it good ethics