Going to the genius bar in 2.5 hours but service provider name will not change!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by erandall38, Feb 21, 2008.

1. erandall38 macrumors 6502

I updated my iPhone to 1.3 and it deleted all the hacked apps and changes. After it activated though it still has "Randall" (my last name) as the service provider as oppose to At&t.

Does anyone know how the heck I can change that now?

I dont have ssh anymore since it is not jailbroken, and I believe the program I used was MIM (make it mine)
    Anyone have any clue on how to get rid of this evidence?

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

why not do a full restore from itunes ? that will set it back to out of the box state

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Jailbreak again, get Make it Mine, set the carrier to normal, uninstall, restore.

4. ajl917 macrumors 6502

I think Make it Mine stays through an update because if when Nate leaked 1.1.3, although he updated to it, it still said Nate as the carrier logo which caused some controversy...

5. 156457 macrumors 6502

6. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

Caption Crunch works like a charm. It's what I used to change the carrier to my initials and I tested the "restore" function - no problems.

7. vega07 macrumors 65816

don't they ask for your phone number to verify if it's with AT&T before servicing it?

if anyone has had any experience getting service for a hacked phone please share your experiences! I've been putting off getting my 1.1.1 replaced due to bad negative black issues. I REALLLLLY want to get it replaced.