Going to try to get a 5S on end of launch day (5pm)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phonzoxd, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502

Think I can pull it off?

I got my first ever iphone (5) last year on launch day at the end of the day.

Granted I work in the financial district of NYC, I really was not expecting to get my I5 last year, much less 2 of them (the other for my sister).

Lines were long when i went to work at 8am, gave it another go at lunch, still had a line, at that point I was thinking no way I can still get it after I leave work, but I tried my luck anyways, and walked out with 2 of them.

So Im kinda expecting to do it again this year, atleast I hope so. Don't really have an option as Im not gonna take a day off for it lol, but I am using my dumb phone since I sold my 5 already.

The thing is with such a big store in a huge city you know there will be alot of stocks, but at the same time a much longer line than most other places. So i cant really read the situation.

But its gonna suck for me if i cant get it, as I'll be using my dummy phone for whenever they replenish.

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Why not order it online? I'm sure it will be hectic in NYC.

3. NastyNoble macrumors newbie

i think that would depend on what size iPhone you get. I also think this year the 5s will be available to the older crowd as i think the college and under crowd will be big fans of the 5c.

4. Phonzoxd thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats what Im hoping for.

But yea last year for the 5, they apparently had plenty of 16gb silver versions left, but just about all the others were sold out.

I wanted that version anyways, so it worked for me, was gonna get my sis the black 16gb, but she didn't care what color, so I got 2 of the same.

----------

Know whats even more crazy.

All 4 big carrier stores are literally on the same 2 blocks.

So you got lines, every which way.

5. NastyNoble macrumors newbie

yea there are no pre-orders for the 5s this year as of yet maybe that will change but the pre-orders are only for the 5c