Gold iPhone, Back plate imperfections

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djearlybird, Sep 30, 2013.

1. djearlybird macrumors regular

I received my gold iphone today and I was super excited. Upon opening the factory box, there are 3 nicks, black in color after peeling off the plastic on the back of the phone. My question is, what are my options to get it replaced with another one. And would I have to surrender my phone in the mean time.

It was purchased/ordered from an at&t store, ordered on launch day, but delivered today. I plan on heading back to the store tomorrow. Just wanted to hear you guy's thoughts.

2. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I'd replace it. Out of box nicks/scratches are annoying and I think they bothered you enough to post on this forum.

3. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

As above, if it bothers you, get it replaced. I's not a cheapo handset, it's a premium price item, and shouldn't have flaws straight out of the box. I have changed one in the past for similar reasons, and Apple never questioned it.

4. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Mine has a tiny 1mm hairline scratch on the back which is only noticeable in certain light, since I have a case on 24/7 I didn't feel it was worth sending back.. So depending if it's going to effect your iPhone experience it's up to you if you want to send it back.

5. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

If it bothers you, return it. Keep in mind though that it may be quite some time before you can get a replacement.

6. iRetired, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

If you're really OCD about your phone, then that's your best course of action. But if the imperfections won't be noticed if you're using a case 24/7, then, well, that's your call.