Gold only to be sold at Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by datumax, Sep 20, 2013.

1. datumax macrumors newbie

datumax

Can anyone else confirm this?

We're at the Verizon store in Fair Oaks Mall, Virginia, and they're saying carriers are not likely to get any golds on launch day.

2. Spacial macrumors 6502

My mom got one by ordering via AT&T when they went live.

3. tharepairguy macrumors member

Check your areas best buys via bestbuy.com to see if one is available for reserve. Stock is being removed from inventory as orders are placed. This might be a better option for ya.

I just ordered a 64gb Gold Verizon 5s from Champaign,IL. They got 10 64gb in. Along with West Madison, WI that also had the same amount on hand.

I'm glad I signed up for the $50 bb gift card earlier this year! Finally get to use it...

How many are in line with ya?

4. datumax thread starter macrumors newbie

datumax

Lines

About 15 in AT&T Store line. 2 at T-mobile. 6 at Best Buy. 10 at Verizon. A duck ton at Apple. Apple had about 10 golds.

5. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Apple store here had 1 64gb gold between all carriers, no 16 or 32 either.

6. jdmass macrumors member

Only 64gb gold

I'm about number 20 in line at the Apple store in Natick, MA. The staff has started going down the line handing out cards to people based on carrier, color, and size. I originally wanted an ATT gold 32, they only have gold in 64gb so that is what I am going with.

Also, the number in the ATT "gold" deck of cards was extremely small, probably less than 5 when they got to me. It didn't look any better for the other carriers.

There are about 200 people in line here, so there is bound to be some unhappy campers today.

7. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I can't speak for in-person stores, but I know that online retailers are selling the gold, if that helps any.

I have a feeling these gold phones are going to be an aftermarket hit, and the resell value on them will be pretty big going forward.

8. FToWnPlAyA macrumors newbie

Here in Germany Frankfurt...we had 5 gold versions. Just 5x 16GB Gold. I was the 2nd "apple camper" in line and I sold one gold reservation card for 400 Euro.

I also heard that some provider who ordered around 6000 gold iphones just got 10. haha :) This gold will hypaaaa hypaaaa