Gold Plate White Sport Band w/ Yellow Gold?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dsa420, May 11, 2015.

1. dsa420 macrumors 6502

I am strongly considering sending my SS with White Sport band to watchplate to have them plate it with yellow gold (as opposed to rose gold which is how the edition is configured). Anyone have an opinion on how this would look?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Should look fine. Might as well get a spare black sport band and have them plate that too.

3. zmunkz, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015

zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

I think that would look good personally. Even better if you have darker skin.

4. dsa420, May 11, 2015

dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, i am going to check one out at the Apple store tonight. Sucks that they chose the rose gold for the white sports band as it looks dull and doesn't seem to pop

5. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

Maybe it's a chick thing, but I love the rose gold with the white sport band. I'd buy it in an instant if the Apple Watch wasn't a tech toy that will be outdated the moment gen 2 is announced. If the warranty wasn't voided by plating the watch, I would actually consider plating my ss with white sport band in rose gold.

That said, I think gold with the white sport band will look great. I would definitely wait and buy a 2nd band and send that out for plating at the same time given they will do two bands plus the watch case for the same price as one.

6. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Agreed. The rose gold with white sport band is gorgeous in person.

7. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just tried both of them on and now I am torn, the rose gold does look damn good.

8. zaneliu94 macrumors regular

Speaking of gold, I just realized the gold watches also get custom watch face color options. There's definitely gold color options for them if you look at the apple site's photos. Gotta admit, some of those look really nice and I'd rather have gold as a face color than bright yellow.

9. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

The bright blue leather loop looks amazing with the gold as well

10. AFDoc, May 11, 2015

AFDoc macrumors 68030

You know how it will look as you've seen the gold watch already (even though not on the white band). I believe their response was appropriate giving the question asked.

There are several threads here on MR related to plating a SS watch and they have many good pictures so to get better ideas check those out.

11. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

You guys need to chill out, just asking for people's opinion