Gonna try to get my 4S replaced for rattle

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by louis0nfire, Nov 28, 2011.

1. louis0nfire macrumors 6502

I know it's "normal" because all my iPhones in the past have done it. But it seems a lot more noticeable on my 4S. I barely have to place my finger on the camera lens and I hear it "tick". When the phone vibrates you can hear it depending on how you hold the phone. It just irritates me and if I can get it replaced I might as well.

Do you have any tips as to what I can say to the Genius Bar to help my case?

2. AlphaVictor87, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

None, all 4s, and i believe even the 4's have this rattle.

Don't quote me on the 4 because i never had it, i've just read about it.(EDIT: my fiance's iphone 4 does rattle in the same spot) There have been many other threads about a rattle near the camera if you tap it.

Mine does it and you won't get it replaced, and even if you do, the new one will have it.

I actually make mine rattle when i'm bored lol

3. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Mines rattles, no biggie! I believe it's the sleep/wake button on top....lol @making your phone rattle when your bored.

4. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

You're not going anywhere by replacing it, because the new one will also rattle. Mine rattles too and i'm pretty sure all 4S does this because of the new camera optics which has Image Stabilizer (which naturally rattles, even my $3k canon lens rattles because of the IS).

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Don't waste your time trying to get it replaced. Both of the 4S i've had rattle so I don't think you'll get a replacement for it.