Good deal on iPad at local best buy.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jthornton71707, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Jthornton71707 macrumors newbie

I ordered the Verizon 4g LTE 16gb version in white and I've loved it. However upon activating the data plan (non LTE area in central CA) the data is amazingly slow. .22 down was the best I could get out of 5 tests. So I've Decided to get the at&t version. Upon going to my local best buy I noticed the open box section and wallah there is a 32gb AT&T 4g LTE iPad on the table for only $650! The only drawback was its black. Impulsively I purchased. It on the spot. I still have both iPads because the apple store is about 40 miles away so I've yet to return it, but I just cant get used to the black color. Another thing is the 32gb model seems amazingly heavier than my 16gb model. I got a great deal on the iPad but I dont know how happy I'll be with the color. Any advice. At&t "4g" in my area pulls speeds of 5+Mbps so I couldn't b happier right now. Should I return the IPad even though I got a great deal on it and just pay full price for the white one?

2. Abandapart82 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted

I say learn to live with the black one. You saved a pretty good amount of money it seems.

3. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

If you can't stand the black color it's a no brainer - return it. You'll be looking at that bezel every time you use it.

Why is this such a difficult decision? It's like getting a deal on a black car when you've already bought a white one. If it's not what you want, then don't keep it.

4. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

The color is a matter of choice, if you don't like the black one just return it while you can.

5. KrisEagling macrumors member

KrisEagling

I'm not great on US "LTE" speeds, but 5mb doesn't sound too good either. Here in the UK I'm in London and I get nearly 7mb on Vodafone using their 3G network.
    Also if you are unhappy with the colour, or have a doubt about it, change it while you have the chance. Like others said you will have to look it every time you use it.

Kris

6. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

AT&T's "4g" network that he was referring is HSPA+, so those speed are in line with what your getting in the UK, LTE speed on AT&T though are generally around 20mb.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I just don't know what to say about this... :confused:

If this is the case, I'd return it and get what you really want. You have a perception issue that will only make matters worse unless you are completely satisfied with your purchase. Good luck.