Good for enterprise

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Apr 20, 2012.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted

Does anyone else use good? I find it very inconsistent and slow. I looked up the android app and the ratings were just as low as the iPhone.

2. swissfrau macrumors newbie

swissfrau

I know you don't want to hear this but the best version is for WP7. I don't know what it is but it has many more features and better stability.

3. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted

Awesome...
    Thanks for the reply

4. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I use it only because I have no other choose. I wish I could use Exchange on my iPhone/iPad. Would be so much better than Good.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

OT: iOS supports Activesync and can be used with Exchange without any third party products. I prefer to use Moxier because that sandboxes the remote wipe to just Exchange e-mail and not the entire device. It also places the passcode requirement onto just the Moxier app so your device could have no passcode.

A long time ago we evaluated Good and Commontime for WinMo devices and chose Commontime. The comparison is so old it likely isn't relevant other than Commontime is an alternative to Good.

6. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

From a support standpoint I prefer the built in EAS on all devices. There have only been two complaints from my users.

First is the lack of flagged message support. Sure you can flag a message and unflag and spot them in the message list, but to see all your flags at once was a simple two clicks on a BBerry, or a single click in Outlook. AFAIK from talking to Microsoft devs, the flag message attribute is not a "primary" flag in EAS and therefor cannot be sorted/grouped by on an EAS device. The solution is to create a #Flags subfolder of the inbox, set it as an additional push folder on the phone and just move messages in and out of there instead of using the flag attribute.

The second is the lack of full message data push. Headers are pushed, but until you open a message it's full content is not downloaded from the server. In poor service areas that can take 20-30 seconds to open a message, where as on the BBerry it was instant.

Not sure if Good or Moxier takes care of either issue, but from my experience the flags and push content are dependent on the server, so no dice.

Do either Good or Moxier integrate with the built in contact and calendar apps on the phone? If a user loses their phone the contact data could contain SSNs, account numbers and all sorts of sensitive info. If that data isn't wiped when the app is wiped then it defeats my purpose for having remote wipe in the first place.

7. onepoint macrumors 6502

onepoint

Good does not integrate with calendar, however contact sync is determined by corporate policy