Good Guy Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nyy8, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

They pushed my upgrade date from September 19th to today, September 8th.

It probably won't make a difference if I had the upgrade on the 8th or 19th but it does give me confidence that I'm all ready and set to go come day of release.

For once, Verizon worked with me. They just can't wait to lock me into another two year contract.

2. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

The terms "Good Guy" and "Verizon" should NEVER be uttered in the same sentence ;)

Glad you got your upgrade moved up though!

3. Nyy8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

It almost felt wrong to say that in a sentence. lol

But it was a nice surprise to log into pay my bill and see that.

After 10 years and 5 lines with them they could at least end my contract 10 days early. They know I'm sighing with them again anyway.

4. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I've been seeing a lot of people saying their upgrades were moved up. Did you call up and ask them to do this? Mine is on 9/22, and I don't think i'll be able to preorder the 6 if they don't bump it :(

5. Nyy8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

I didn't call or anything, just noticed it had ever so consequently moved up the day before the iPhone 6 Announcement.

6. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I just checked actually (for like the 3rd time today) and they moved me up to today too! Couldn't be happier :D Of all carriers I'm shocked Verizon actually let this go through.

7. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

They are just trying to get more of your money. With the upgrade handy, you are likely to buy the new phone when it comes out.

What I would like to know is if these early upgrades are only good through the Verizon portal, or if you can use it externally through a 3rd party like Best Buy.

Either way, Verizon is the devil when it comes to its customers. Canceling unlimited data, canceling upgrade loopholes people needed to keep their unlimited data, charging us $30 to upgrade a phone when they don't really do that much work on their end. WTF is that $30 upgrade fee for?

8. mikeydooodie macrumors member

got mine moved up a month without much arguing, heck no arguing now i can't wait for the preorder 5.5 here i come

9. stellablue96 macrumors member

Although I think Verizon is pretty much the devil ... I was very happy when I logged in today and saw my upgrade date moved up.

10. Nyy8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

It looks like Accounts that are in good standing with no late payments, or other charges will have their upgrade dates moved up. Perfect! :D

11. mounties99 macrumors newbie

I don't know how it works in America, but Apple release days in Canada tend to be a huge clusterf***. Systems go down so registrations have to be called in. Reps spend hours on the phone. It's horrible.

Hoping that Apple has a pre-order on their website and I'm just going to wait for the shipment to come in, hopefully on release day.

12. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:)
    Well said.
    Verizon doing something that benefits the customer instead of their wallet is a rare instance:D

14. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

After I got the button on the Verizon site for early upgrade I was also able to get past the not eligible for upgrade notice on the Apple Site. So I imagine once the new Iphone goes live it will be one of the new options on the Apple Site.

I guess the advantage of ordering thru Apple would be in store exchange or other warranty issues?

15. maliu macrumors 6502a

They are doing this so people don't jump ship to another carrier and let their Verizon contract go when it expires in a few weeks.

16. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Doubt they'll move mine up from January ;). Not that I'll be upgrading. I like my 5, and I'd have to convince my dad anyway. He probably doesn't want me to have a phone that's that much better than his 4s lol.

17. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Agreed, AT&T is the same, especially since some scumbag analyst suggested raising the already insulting upgrade fee to 40.00. They make customers pay to stay with them, Verizon does the same. It's an insult and a lazy way to do business.