Good Guy withOUT gun stops potential attack from racist.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JayMysterio, Aug 12, 2019 at 12:31 PM.

1. JayMysterio, Aug 12, 2019 at 12:31 PM
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019 at 1:46 PM

JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Granted this doesn't fit a few narratives, so this might not have made it to the forum. Another young far right extremist white male in body ( you might have heard this part before ) armor & armed, broke into a mosque, for what I am sure some will say just to "possibly" pay respects. :rolleyes:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ipper-man-hero-far-right-terror-a9051986.html
    FFS . :mad:

But hey, rest of the world, congratz you got your own armed nutters crawling out of the woodwork now!

Sorry. :(

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

5. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

[​IMG]
    looks like he got his rear end handed to him.

7. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

He should look worse than that.

Anyways, Trumps fault.

8. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

There you go bringing 45 unnecessarily into the topic.

9. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

He hasn't suffered enough.

10. bbednarz macrumors 65816

bbednarz

You're looking to start an argument when you say things like this. "I am sure some will say just to "possibly" pay respects."

This piece of trash tried to shoot up a place. There's nothing more that needs to be said. Hopefully they bypass the judicial system and torture him until he dies. Set an example for the rest of these clowns that want to do similar things. Good on the older man for taking him down and pummeling him before he could carry out his plan.

11. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

No. I'm not looking to start an argument, but I am acknowledging that there is a contingent that actively likes to downplay the actions of such an individual.

12. bbednarz macrumors 65816

bbednarz

You're right. It also happens on both sides of the aisle.

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1159902078103445507?s=20

13. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

14. bbednarz macrumors 65816

bbednarz

No, in terms of the magnitude and number of lives effected it is not the same. However, it is WELL documented that Michael Brown wrestled with a police officer trying to get his gun from him in order to kill him. In both situations there is a bad guy trying to do harm to others with a gun. Lets not also forget that a city burned because of the false narrative that Michael Brown was murdered.

15. JayMysterio, Aug 12, 2019 at 3:42 PM
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019 at 5:02 PM

JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

That is so distant an equivalence, if it I could put it in geographical miles, they wouldn't be in the same solar system.

One individual went into a mosque seeming intent kill others because they were of different faith & race, which literally encompasses most of the :mad:est sins possible. Ferguson has nothing equivocal in that, except in the minds of those desperate for any seeming equivalence. Which I again bring up, boggles the mind such an equivalence for the Norway shooter is even being sought! o_O

16. bbednarz macrumors 65816

bbednarz

I don't care which solar system you want to place these incidents in.

A piece of trash went into a mosque to kill people.
    A piece of trash wrestled with a cop to steal his gun and kill him.

No the amount of human life lost is not the same. No the intent behind the killer is not the same. Is a single human life being lost not a problem though? I have not seen one person try to justify the idiot in Norway and anyone who tries to is an absolute moron. The gun violence needs to stop. Statements like Elizabeth Warren's do nothing to help the issue and just lead to things getting worse. Statements Trump has made have not helped either.

****I am not saying either Warren or Trump are responsible for the shootings. Just as Obama was not responsible. Their words do matter and the division they are creating is a huge problem. Unfortunately the media eats it up and it just leads to further division in the country.

17. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Sorry. I’m too use to forum members blaming President Trump to most right wing crazed topics.... So a good guy with out a gun, stopped a potential mass shooter. Are you trying to point out that the good people of El Paso could have/should have done the same? I’m just confused with your point here?

18. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

No, that is NOT how an equivalence work.

In your examples, guns & human beings were involved, so it's one & the same. That is NOT it. That's not even laughingly close. As I said, it's literal worlds apart.

Your equivalence seeks to wash out the actual intent & :mad:ery involved. This is about yet ANOTHER racist white young male, in an ever increasing & frightening pattern who sought out to kill others in their own place of worship, in the hopes of starting some mythical race war.

No one here has blamed or brought up any politicians name, except those desperately AGAIN trying to deflect.

No one has blamed the media. The shooter brought up the previous shooting himself, so if there is any media involvement it's from him.

All of which hammers home my point about what I started with, that you imagined someone would feel the need to argue with. For some, for some reason, there's a pathological need to deflect from these very very scary growing incidents, and I have to wonder why? o_O

19. bbednarz macrumors 65816

bbednarz

What am I deflecting? Did you miss where I called this person a piece of trash? Or where I said he should be tortured until death? I am not sure what I am deflecting. Racism in any form is wrong. These white supremacists are a problem.

I am not ready to blame all white males because of the actions of a few. I am not ready to blame all black folks because of the actions of a few. I am not ready to blame all Mexican or other ethnicities because of the actions of a few. There are bad apples everywhere. It doesn't make an entire race or sex to blame for their actions.

So once again I ask, what is it I am deflecting?

20. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

No, that's not a pass. If one is going to complain, 45 gets blamed for too much, bringing his name into the topic in hopes so does get blamed is neither cute or ironic. It's hoping 45 gets blamed, so one can whine about it again in another topic.

My point is, the whole 'good guy with a gun' is a sloganeering angle from the NRA that some are obsessed with helping to spread, to promote the proliferation of guns. There are 'good guys' out there, because they are willing to do the right thing, no matter how or why they do it.

21. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

Yeah okay. We get it. You’re trying to expose all the racist white men. Look at all the racist white men. Coming to kill POC! Watch your backs. They are rising up. Getting ready to kill you if you are a POC.

22. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Anyways...

The NRA is telling law makers, their members, non members, Americans etc... Law abiding citizens have the right to protect themselves with a firearm.

If anyone chooses to defend themselves differently. Fine.

23. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I don't care what you call him. You can call him 'honey' from the prison cellphone for all I care.

Once again, you're deflecting by interjecting NOTHNG that was said into the conversation hoping to move the subject. No one has blamed ALL white males. No one has blamed anyone at all of anything here. The only ones wanting to talk blame are those deflecting. What the issue is here, is a concern for the seeming increasing & growing attacks by radicalized young white males over racist fears about being overtaken by others who don't look like them or practice the same faith. This is another occasion of such a thing happening, but it isn't in the United States. One has to worry about the emboldening of such individuals. That's the discussion.

If you or anyone else is seeing blame cast towards ALL white males, that's baggage you & they need to handle.

Once again, something I didn't argue against. I just pointed out there are 'good guys' doing things to protect others in other ways, despite the sloganeering.

24. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that if confronted with the same situation. We would act like Mohamed Rafiq. I have no doubt of that. The only thing is that piece of turd was lucky he got caught by peaceful people. That didn’t not beat the ever loving god into him.