Good, legal Music Downloading service?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LongDistance, May 1, 2011.

1. LongDistance macrumors newbie

I find that iTunes is kind of limiting. I listen to a lot of music from other countries, specifically East Asian countries and am looking for a better music download site that has a wider variety than iTunes. I do prefer to pay for my music because then I'm supporting my favorite artists. Call me lame if you want. I know I can get it free on some sites but I want to do the right thing. So can anyone recommend a good site which is safe, legal, and has a wide variety of music? I'm from the US if that makes any difference. I hate that iTunes will let me look at other countries' iTunes but not let me buy from it.

Any recommendations would be most appreciated!

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Have you tried Amazon? I really like how all of the songs are in mp3 format and they're actually cheaper.

3. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

If iTunes doesn't have what you need I would check out Amazon. Or maybe even that Zune pass thing but that is subscription.

Just don't steel music.

4. LongDistance thread starter macrumors newbie

As I said in my first post, I like to pay for my music. Artists work hard to make it--not for me to steal but to buy it. That's how I see it.

I've checked Amazon and while the prices are good, they don't have some of the Korean artists I like and am looking for. I'll check out the Zune thing. Thanks and if there are any other suggestions I'd be glad to know about them. :)

5. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

their is also napster.com and if your a best buy silver member you get napster for mobile free and get some songs for free that you pick every 6 months.