Good news if you're ordering online from Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lienhart, Sep 19, 2013.

1. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I talked to 3 different reps (I would help that coming from three people this wouldn't be wrong) and they said that Verizon will allow you to order online in Gold and get overnight / 2 day shipping. This sure beats waiting in line tomorrow or ordering from Apple IMO.

2. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

But will it ship out on monday? That is the question that nobody will be able to answer until tomorrow. You may get 1 or 2 day shipping, but many believe that once the phone goes live for purchase, that many places will state anywhere from 5 days to 10 days before it will actually be shipped out.

3. swish2351 macrumors 6502

I can confirm as well

4. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Verizon has always been good with pre-ordering. I remember in past years, it was easier to order through them than Apple. And in the 4S pre-orders, they were up for pre-orders before Apple was.

5. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

Yes, I am planning on ordering on the Verizon site, because I want to get the Edge program as well, and the Verizon insurance (which should be mandatory since you're basically leasing the phone). So I hope this is true. I doubt Apple.com will give you the option of the Verizon Edge, T-Mobile Jump!, or AT&T Next plans.

6. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

For anyone considering this I just talked to a chat rep and the shipping prices vary from $12.99-29.99 for 2-day/overnight shipping

7. jess222 macrumors 6502

jess222

8. Erphern macrumors 6502

The question remains, when will it ship? Paying $30 for overnight shipping may be a disappointment if it doesn't ship Friday.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

all places online can accept as many of every color; just don't expect apple to supply them all for next week delivery.

10. TRZ06 macrumors newbie

What's the consensus on ordering from Apple vs. ordering from the carriers? When my wife upgraded to the iPhone 5 last year we ordered online through Verizon, but I don't think there were the same supply concerns as there are with the 5S (could be wrong), wasn't sure if it made a difference.

11. SR71 macrumors 68000

:O Why would you willingly sign up for Edge? It's such a waste of money. You're better off just buying a phone off-contract each year then selling it and using that money to buy a new phone. Edge is horrible.

12. theanimala macrumors 6502

Agreed 100%. Have you even researched the Edge program? Type in "Verizon Edge Theverge" into Google and learn more.

13. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I'm playing around on their site now to familiarize myself with the ordering process as it has changed a bit from last year. I have an upgrade available but I have unlimited data so I don't want to use it. I am not finding any way to do full retail on these phones. There used to be a drop-down for 20year pricing or full retail. This is most concerning.

14. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

Well there have been numerous threads crunching the numbers on these lease-type plans, but basically if you upgrade each year (or even every 6 months), you're only paying for half the phone in payments and then handing it back and getting another one. If you buy an off-contract phone you're still paying full price above the cost of the rate plans. And then you have to sell it and get maybe half for it a year later. The difference I guess would be in the subsidized one you get every other year on the contracts. But I think with these new plans you're also paying a bit for not being in a contract and able to switch to another phone every six months (by just paying for 1/4 of the phone at that point in addition to the 1/4 you've already paid in payments), or just wait til 12 months and no extra cost to switch phones.

15. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Guys there is zero chance you can order online and get it saturday. It is going to be 7-10 days before shipping for all online orders. So 2-3 weeks to your door. This is fact. I do not understand why people are speculating about overnight delivery. We now have evidence in 2 major countries.

16. lienhart thread starter macrumors 6502

lienhart

The girl I talked to was extremely knowledgable and said that I will have it by Saturday if I order before 5am and select overnight shipping because that is when the devices would be picked up from the warehouse. I think waiting 1 day and playing it safe is good enough got me (also, all Verizon stores here don't have gold.)

----------

It's $12.99 and shipped sometime during Saturday if you place your order before 5am :)

17. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Oh IS this a fact? You are spewing rumors out

18. lienhart thread starter macrumors 6502

lienhart

Agreed.

All reps I've spoken to said there is no sign of delays, at least for Verizon.

19. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

I am using evidence from every country that has opened for sale thus far. Consider when iOS7 GM was available was when it could be flashed onto phones on assembly lines pre-boxing. Those units are en route to stores. Then comes the online orders.

Dont you recall prior releases before Apple did pre-orders? It was always order then a week later it would ship from Shenzen then a few days later you would see it.

20. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

What facts?
    These are the facts:
    1) Those are international orders not US orders
    2) Even if they take 7-10 days to ship, then it won't take 3 weeks to get to you.
    3) Yes, no online order will get to a house on saturday UNLESS they use FEDEX saturday service and send it very early morning, so it's a 1% chance at least
    4) :p

21. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Other countries ≠ America

The US will always have the most stock, considering we're the biggest "client" for Apple, and Apple is an American company.

Either way, nothing either of us said are facts, just our personal opinions. We will see tomorrow

22. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Intl orders? As if the phone comes from the US. What makes you think the US is getting special treatment?

7-10 business days to ship means, at the high end, it would not ship from China until the end of week 2, making it a week 3 delivery.

Saturday delivery conversation is moot if shipping is 7-10 days. It only makes sense if you knew with certainty it would ship on a Thursday or Friday.

:p back at ya. This thread is premised on a "verizon rep". Ok, so some minimum wage worker has the details behind Apple's supply chain. Perhaps managed expectations based on what we are seeing now with the first orders is in order.

----------

US gets more stock but it has more carriers and more people so I dont see the connection. The truest fact is the international shipping times. This also would fit into the "why was there no pre-order theory"

23. swish2351 macrumors 6502

The US has less people than China, and we will get more stock...

24. Erphern macrumors 6502

Maaaaybe. Perhaps. I just live-chatted w/Verizon:

My name is Kim, how may I assist you?

Alex: Hi, I have a question about the iPhone 5s (in gold, 32GB). If I place an order tomorrow morning when the device is available for sale, can it be delivered by Saturday?

Kim: Hi Alex, I'm really excited about the new iPhone 5s too. I can definitely review this info with you

Alex: Thank you.

Kim: Thanks for holding Alex. I did review the shipping schedule for the iPhone 5s.

Alex: Thanks!

Kim: Right now that info is not available

Kim: It really depends on how many phone orders we get on wether or not we will be able to do saturday delivery

Alex: Alright, thanks for checking. So, at this point nobody really knows.

Kim: Correct. Sorry Alex. With the 5s it's kind tough to tell because we did not have a pre order for it

25. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Some of you that spoke to a verizon rep are so Gullible. Every year since I've been reading these threads someone says this that or the other thing from a Carrier Rep, and later was disappointed to the point of being down right angry, but they were told then as you are being told now, don't believe this overnight and receiving it Friday stuff.