Good price for mbp (in light of impending update)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seanmaru, Mar 8, 2010.

1. seanmaru macrumors newbie

Like everyone else I have been waiting for the new mbps. I need a new laptop and I really want to run logic audio so there are not many options. I could technically wait a few months but I have already waited on several other developments (non apple related) and I am getting impatient.

My question is in light of the forthcoming update what do you think the current base models are worth? I want to go ahead and get one but I know that if i pay full price the new ones will come out and make me regret it (especially if they keep the current pricing).

I can get a refurbed mp13 for 999 from apple. I am thinking that if I can scour the refurb sites, ebay (for sealed and/or refurbed) units I can get something lower in the 900s. What would you guys consider to be a decent price for the 13 inch mbp base model given the age of processor etc.?

I appreciate any thoughts you have.

s

2. Rhino420 macrumors member

i would go eBay get the lowest "buy it now" price and then do the 8% cash back offer through Bing so lets say you pay $999.00 on eBay $79.92 so end price is $919.08 not bad considering if you go to CA BEST BUY you pay $999.00 plus tax 8.75 which is $87.41= total out the door$1,086 eBay way works out to be a $167.33 savings for us CA residents just a thought

3. seanmaru thread starter macrumors newbie

good point . forgot about the bing cashback...

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I think the current 13 inch MBP base model is worth about $649. Considering there are 15inch, blu-ray capable laptops for that price. I can't remember the last time Apple's laptop linup was so embarassingly outdated. I guess all the effort is going into the iPad right now.