Good solution to protect home button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vaultwit, Sep 28, 2012.

1. vaultwit macrumors regular

There are numerous solutions to protect almost every part of the iPhone, except the home button. Primarily because the the home button is not a smooth surface like the screen. But does anyone know a good, practical way to protect the home button without sacrificing functionality?

I ask because the home button on my iPhone 4 became super scratch... It looked weird because when I took off the screen protector, the screen was flawless and the scratched up home button stuck out like a sore thumb. I would like to avoid that with my new iPhone 5 if possible. Thanks in advance.

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. mac.fanatic macrumors 6502

Otterbox Defender Series does a good job in my opinion. It sells for $50 but the level of support given is incredible.

4. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

best skins ever full body skin comes with a home button circle that fits perfectly. complete protection.

5. albertsw macrumors regular

Use assistive touch in accessablity setting and u don't need the home button.

6. vaniteux macrumors member

You have to be careful with the raised home button stickers as 1) they seem to keep activating Siri in my pocket 2) depending on the quality, some will leave a horrible adhesive film on the button.

7. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

Lov the skull

8. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

How do u scratch up a home button my iPhone 3G button still flawless .. N I don't use button covers but those r cute going on eBay now lol!