Good solution to protect home button?

vaultwit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
There are numerous solutions to protect almost every part of the iPhone, except the home button. Primarily because the the home button is not a smooth surface like the screen. But does anyone know a good, practical way to protect the home button without sacrificing functionality?

I ask because the home button on my iPhone 4 became super scratch... It looked weird because when I took off the screen protector, the screen was flawless and the scratched up home button stuck out like a sore thumb. I would like to avoid that with my new iPhone 5 if possible. Thanks in advance.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
There are numerous solutions to protect almost every part of the iPhone, except the home button. Primarily because the the home button is not a smooth surface like the screen. But does anyone know a good, practical way to protect the home button without sacrificing functionality?

I ask because the home button on my iPhone 4 became super scratch... It looked weird because when I took off the screen protector, the screen was flawless and the scratched up home button stuck out like a sore thumb. I would like to avoid that with my new iPhone 5 if possible. Thanks in advance.

mac.fanatic

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012

Otterbox Defender Series does a good job in my opinion. It sells for $50 but the level of support given is incredible.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
best skins ever full body skin comes with a home button circle that fits perfectly. complete protection.

KittyToy

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Davenport
How do u scratch up a home button my iPhone 3G button still flawless .. N I don't use button covers but those r cute going on eBay now lol!