Google’s plan to prevent another “Trump situation” in 2020

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solver, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Solver, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019

Solver macrumors 6502a

Investigative journalism exposing corruption at its best. Behind the scenes activists program for mass ideological manipulation, which has President Trump, congressmen and senators wanting answers. Project Veritas has this very worrisome report that affects nearly everyone,
    https://www.projectveritas.com/2019...revent-trump-situation-in-2020-on-hidden-cam/

The video which was posted on Youtube was censored just 10 hours after being up.
    Alternate site:
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/re9Xp6cdkro/

“ Insider: Google "is bent on never letting somebody like Donald Trump come to power again."
    • Google Exec Says Don't Break Us Up: "smaller companies don't have the resources" to "prevent next Trump situation"
    • Google Head of Responsible Innovation Says Elizabeth Warren "misguided" on "breaking up Google"
    • Insider Says PragerU And Dave Rubin Content Suppressed, Targeted As "Right-Wing"
    • LEAKED Documents Highlight "Machine Learning Fairness" and Google’s Practices to Make Search Results "fair and equitable"
    • Documents Appear to Show "Editorial" Policies That Determine How Google Publishes News
    • Insider: Google Violates "letter of the law" and "spirit of the law" on Section 230”

Very quick summary:

2. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Silicon Valley is the new kinder more gentler Mafia and every resident is a card carrying member.

3. statik13 macrumors regular

statik13

Fake news at best.

Pulled due to privacy rights complaint... not some weird conspiracy theory.

"The decision to pull the explosive video came after privacy complaints about the footage, which showed two Google employees unaware they were being filmed discussing the company’s policies. The video may still be viewed on the Project Veritas website."

"Meanwhile, Jen Gennai, the Google executive shown in the footage, posted a response saying that Project Veritas “selectively edited and spliced the video to distort my words and the actions of my employer, and published it widely online.”

“I was having a casual chat with someone at a restaurant and used some imprecise language,” Ms. Gennai said in a post on Medium. “Project Veritas got me. Well done.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jun/25/project-veritas-video-targeting-google-pulled-yout/

4. Solver, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019

Solver thread starter macrumors 6502a

“We wouldn’t want the truth to get in the way of social justice now would we.”

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

wait for the liberal meltdown when this doesn't work in 2020... this is something they definitely are counting on for 2020.

it could have worked in 2016... however, they were just getting started with political search manipulation.

one of the first examples of them doing this back in 2016 was when you googled "crooked"

The other search engines would come back with "Crooked Hillary"... however, Google came back with things like "crooked arrow" and "crooked road"... "Crooked Hillary" was given a pass in google search results.

Besides Google getting exposed on this now... MAGA has known about this BS since 2016.

6. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Even if you believe that there was anything to the accusations at the time (and there is no real evidence that Google did anything), that is not what Google was accused of doing. The claim was that “Crooked Hillary” wasn’t coming up in autocomplete as people started to type “crooked” into a Google search. No one claimed that Google manipulated the actual search results.

7. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502a

Bug-Creator

O.k. you got me interested!!

fail

8. Solver, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019

Solver thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

it's not a matter of if one believes or there is no evidence... Google clearly did not want Hillary to come up when searching the word "crooked"

They've now just taken this to the next level... still not going to work against MAGA.

10. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

Good.

It will make the meltdown all the more spicy when Trump wins in 2020. KAG!

11. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

lol on the... "men can think about nothing"

12. Solver thread starter macrumors 6502a

The new Project Veritas report exposes quite a bit of new evidence of Google’s political bent manipulations at many levels.

13. hawkeye_a macrumors 65816

hawkeye_a

Interesting to see big, rich, businesses in bed with a specific political party.

I wonder what happened to their narratives of the "working man" vs "big business" or "rich vs poor" to get political power.

The times sure are a-changing.

PS>>Google, et al are within their rights to endorse/support any political party/ideology they like, as I am free to choose whether or not to use their products.

14. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

LOL people still believe in anything that comes out of that “project”. Y’all would believe in just about anything lol.

Trump’s Derangement Syndrome continues infected unabated.

15. realtuner macrumors 6502a

realtuner

Waaaahhhh waaaaahhhhhhh the liberal Silicon Valley won’t let me spread my propaganda and are censoring content to limit conservative viewpoints waaaaaaahhhh.

16. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Rupublicans are in bed with old money. Democrats are in bed with new money. Of course there is also some overlap.

17. Solver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Agreed. But they might at least put a warning label on their search results, like cigarette companies do.

“Warning: These search results have been painstakingly manipulated to fit OUR narrative and may be hazardous to your perception of objective reality!”

18. hawkeye_a macrumors 65816

hawkeye_a

If they have said otherwise, I suppose that would amount to false advertising?

It's probably worth mentioning that Google is an effective monopoly as well (as is FaceBook) IMHO.

19. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

So... these views are representative of a few Google employees out of nearly 100,000....

20. Solver thread starter macrumors 6502a

True. But, the cure, expanding the powers of of an overly big big government, can be worse than disease, in the long term.
    I prefer the free market and basic government protection solutions.

21. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

This debate probably depends on which side of the political spectrum you lean towards. Republican big money tends to control and screw the public in closed door meetings. Democrat big money is currently doing it through a more direct to consumer approach and I have no doubt that those with the big money on this side still refuse to acknowledge Hillary Clinton was one of the worst candidates they could hitch their wagon to for anybody who isn’t big money.

Honestly, the sooner people stop aligning themselves with either party, the better. Most people are just flailing around punching the ocean over some ideals they’re party is no longer servicing, but they are more than happy to let you think they are.

22. Solver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Google: Artificial Intelligence Is For A “fair and equitable” State
    According to the insider, Machine Learning Fairness is one of the many tools Google uses to promote a political agenda. Documents leaked by a Google informant elaborate on Machine Learning Fairness and the “algorithmic unfairness” that AI product intervention aims to solve:

upload_2019-6-25_10-24-29.png

23. hawkeye_a macrumors 65816

hawkeye_a

I agree. I do not want government to violate the first amendment rights of these companies, which also happen to be monopolies. These monopolies are now the darlings of the "left" because they have fallen in line with their ideology.

I think consumer awareness of these shady practices is a good thing, which should lead to lower consumer confidence, fewer consumers, less ad-revenue and lower market value.

The solution is a competitor which opposes such practices. The free market is the best solution in this case.

24. macsmurf macrumors 65816

macsmurf

The thing is, biased datasets and biased training is a real challenge in machine learning and companies such as Google are of course aware of this. To ignore it would be incompetent not to mention irresponsible and bad for business.

You guys seem to be unable to distinguish between propaganda and investigative journalism which one could argue is a larger issue than the intricacies of machine learning research.

25. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502a

while i agree i don't want the government to violate the first amendment rights of these companies, i think there is some validity to the idea that these online platforms are the "Town Square" and there is already a precedent of what to do with a privately owned public space which is exactly what these platforms are.

i think if the Government stipped their immunity because its proven they are curating content towards there biases then that's is a step in the right direction and is not the same as preventing their speech

its not violating their rights by removing an immunity from the law, when its proven they no longer qualify for that immunity.
    then google, FB, Twitter etc. have the choice they can continue with "their speech" eg left bias etc. and be legally liable for what that entails.
    or they can remove the biases they have developed over the years to maintain their special status.