Google Chrome Freezing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rossagues, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Rossagues, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013

Rossagues macrumors regular

Rossagues

I am currently using Version 30.0.1599.69 (06/10/13) and the application keeps crashing every so often. There is no pattern but randomly the application will become unresponsive and I will have to close the application.

When I close the application it will not respond and then I have to force quit it. Like I said earlier there is no pattern and it does it randomly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application, deleted all its Library files and repaired all of its files using disk utility and the problem still persists.

I am running Google Chrome Version 30.0.1599.69 on a Macbook Pro 17-inch, Mid 2009, 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 on OS X 10.8.5 (12F45).

Extensions running on Chrome:
    • AdBlock (2.6.8)
    • Adblock Plus (1.5.5)
    • Web of Trust (2.0.17)
    • Personal Blocklist (2.4.1)

Anyone have any help, information or fixes? I am going to be reformatting the machine when OS X 10.9 comes out but I would like to fix this annoying problem now.

Thanks,

Rossagues

Edit: The application becomes unresponsive and then the CPU increases to 100%+ Screenshot for help:

[​IMG]

2. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

3. actuallyinaus, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013

actuallyinaus macrumors regular

try running chromium or chrome dev and see if you still get freezes
    - if it persists try running them without extensions and one by one turn extensions back on
    - you can also use chrome's inbuilt task manager to help determine if it is an extension or not

4. Rossagues, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013

Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

I used the Google Chrome Canary build (Version 32.0.1663.2 canary) and it does the same thing. Is it my MacBook Pro?

Here is a screenshot when it froze:

[​IMG]

5. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues