Google Chromecast + 3 months of Netflix in stock for $35!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dpace32, Aug 26, 2013.

1. dpace32 macrumors regular

I read in the forums of a few people that are looking for this device... turns out it is in stock now at Best Buy, usually sells out quick just a heads up! I think it is a great deal for $35 but it is a MUCH different device than an Apple TV.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I read in the MP forum where someone is selling one to double check the netflix bonus because the vouchers were no more after the first day. I do believe netflix would still have to honor the code unless they can prove they were fraudulent. $35 with netflix is a great deal.

3. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Thanks! I live less than 1/2 mile from Best Buy. I might take a walk over there later today and get one if they have them in stock.

4. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

Just FYI: Google just did a software update on the ChromeCast that "breaks" the ability to stream arbitrary content from a network share directly to the ChromeCast.

You can still get the ChromeCast to stream this type of content through a Chrome tab on a mobile device, but you can no longer do the "roku-esque" direct streaming.

http://entertainment.slashdot.org/s...aks-chromecasts-ability-to-play-local-content

5. jjniss macrumors newbie

Chromecast sold out at Bestbuy

As of 3:05 EDT Chromecast sold out. Oh well ...

6. dpace32 thread starter macrumors regular