Google Images/Safari iP4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Peter Franks, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Apologies if you've discussed this already but couldn't find anything.

What's happened to the 'go to page' and 'just go to image' and the search pages are like desktop views now.

Is this a general one, I'm guessing I'm not alone and why have they changed it. It's lousy now

2. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Can I read into this that something has changed and is wrong with my phone as nobody else seems to have this problem? It's just a row of pics with a white cross in the top right hand corner and you can't click pic without having to go to site like you could for years before this started happening. And the search page is one long mess now before you click on them

3. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

4. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Ahh, so worldwide then... Why do they do this stuff, If it ain't broke!

5. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

Two people experiencing the same thing means it's worldwide?:p Nothing wrong on my device.

Anyway, it might be something with your Safari cache because you requested the desktop version on another website. Try resetting your cache in Settings>Safari.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

7. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

No, that didn't work, and worldwide was a slight gag, but reading other thread would say it looks like it is.

Thanks for finding that CDM, that's exactly it, I really don't know what's happened or why they've done it, but it's annoying as hell now. And has stopped me from using google images on my phone. Also isn't just an iPhone thing by the sounds of it, they've done it on all platforms, but why?

8. stikman macrumors newbie

Yup, google images is sucking now. Have to find a work around. ( I gotta think it is a corporate war, and "to hell with the customers") Google is getting bloated with crap, they could morph into a Yahoo clone if they dont get a grip. Safari/iP5

9. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

I actually thought it was a fault, which speaks volumes I think??

It's that bad, that we all thought there was something wrong with it. Same on Apple forum where they think it's a fault too. It isn't, that's their great new look!

It should speak volumes to Google, but needless to say they won't put it back to how it was though.....