google mail and calendar

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GregE, Dec 6, 2011.

1. GregE macrumors 6502

I've been reading up on Google Sync but have a question.

I set up my iPhone last night and it is currently getting email, calendar, and contacts from my work Exchange server. Had a bunch of extra email addresses show up in my contacts and figured out they came from suggested contacts and how to not show those.

I have a Google account for home that I would like to use for email and calendar. I would like to sync the Google account to my iPhone, my wife's iPhone, and an iPad. If I use Google Sync, will the calendar and mail be stored separately from my Exchange email and calendar? Will I be able to send an email from both accounts and add events to both calendars? I would hate for all of my work emails and appointments to show up on my wife's iPhone and our iPad.

2. DefBref macrumors 6502

Yes, I have three exchange accounts (two Gmail and my work account) setup on my iphone and ipad, and its easy to manage. Everything is stored separately but you can display all emails in the combined inbox and celendar view if you want. Note this is just a view it does not move or copy emails events to other calendars.

3. GregE thread starter macrumors 6502

So you just set up your Gmail accounts as Exchange accounts under Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars?

4. DefBref macrumors 6502

5. GregE thread starter macrumors 6502