Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 5 XL

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Tech rumors today, the Pixel 5 line will not be released in the annual October month this year. It will be delayed, no word as to when.

Pixel 4a also delayed two months, mid July release now.
Which makes little sense given leakers are saying 4a ready to ship now.

Comment

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
When did you know Google to do things that made sense? lol
Well yes that’s true, still my head is spinning wondering why they didn’t add an ultra wide last year. Hopefully they add it this year.

Pixel really could be the go to android device if they just cared more but i guess they don’t. Their cameras are still at the top of the mountain and maybe that’s why they don’t care as much on other areas as it ticks the box which people would point to.

Guess phones are just an added bonus to them and not the most important side of their business

Reactions: michael9891
Comment

michael9891

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2016
England
Well yes that’s true, still my head is spinning wondering why they didn’t add an ultra wide last year. Hopefully they add it this year.

Pixel really could be the go to android device if they just cared more but i guess they don’t. Their cameras are still at the top of the mountain and maybe that’s why they don’t care as much on other areas as it ticks the box which people would point to.

Guess phones are just an added bonus to them and not the most important side of their business
The reason for the 4a delay is supposedly 'market conditions'. I can only assume they don't think it will sell because of less people buying because of the virus.

If they also delay the 5, can only think it's so it doesn't clash with being so close to the 4a. But then risk people buying other Android devices instead.

Comment