Google Releases Froyo (2.2) for ATT Nexus One

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SeniorGato1, Jun 28, 2010.

1. SeniorGato1 macrumors regular

It's all over the web and I just installed it. I also have an iPhone 4 reserved and a 3GS.

Well with Froyo I'm getting full exchange support, USB & wifi tethering (WPA2!) and an overall faster OS. All this is native and at no extra charge.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.2-highlights.html

Now I have a dilemma - keep the Nexus or upgrade and renew my ATT contract? We'll see after a few days of use....

2. matt27244 macrumors newbie

Cool. Now GTHO!

3. macduke Suspended

macduke

Mods will delete this soon, because, ummmm......I don't know how to tell you this, but this is an iPhone only forum? So yeah. Awkward. Umm, you might want to try another site? Or at least search for some subforum here that you might be able to post in.

You see, if everyone posted about every hardware or software update for every phone here in the iPhone forum, then, well, it wouldn't really be an iPhone forum, now would it? And no, you can't just get away with it because you think your phone is cool or because its Android. It's actually because you're in the wrong place. So move along now, lol. This place is cluttered up enough as it is.

4. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

Not iPhone news...take it to the Droid forum.

5. mhdena macrumors 6502

I'm waiting for my iphone 4 and looking at a Nexus one also to compare. I'll probably get both.
    Going from a Blackberry curve 8310 either one is a huge leap as far at the web goes.:D My Blackberry does make and hold calls though :rolleyes:

Here is a nice unbiased comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjhF1xZQRQk&feature=player_embedded

6. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I just sold my nexus one for a iPhone 4 the battery on the nexus was killing me and the android market is full of nothing useful

7. SeniorGato1 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure how to tell you this, but I'm comparing the latest Android release features to the iPhone 4. I'm on a waiting list to get the latest iPhone. I also have a 3Gs. As it stands with the iPhone, I would have to break my $30 unlimited data plan to get ATT's limited tethering option plus pay them an extra $15/month. And their plan doesn't include creating a hotspot for up to 8 devices. I think 2.2 also supports the ability to view flash.

Again, I'm shopping around all markets, however it appears some Apple fanboys prefer to use blinders.

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Yes, ver. 2.2 does support flash, it's an oustanding release. Considering the huge headstart that iOS has, it's pretty remarkable how popular Android is. I attribute a big part of this to the endless options for customization. Much like themes are very popular on the BlackBerry platform, the openness and rather endless opportunities with Android make it very compelling.

9. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Seriously, what kind of response did you expect to get on here?

You seem to know know what you want, and you seem to want Flash on your mobile phone, even with all the troubles it brings. You choice seems pretty obvious: cancel your order so someone else can get the iPhone that you feel is inferior to your Nexus One.

So, again, what kind of response were you expecting here?

And here we see the truth. You weren't "shopping around all markets." You were trying to get a rise out of the fanboys. And you succeeded. Now what? Feel better about your decision yet, or are we gonna continue the back and forth?

10. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-gb; Dell Streak Build/Donut) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

If you think you'll need any of the features FroYo has given you then keep the N1.

With the wifi hotspot feature the Nexus + iPod touch route is a possibility.

If not, the iPhone 4 is the best smartphone around at the moment imo.