Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I had a phone for sale, someone contacted me and we set a place to meet. When I get there is was a Spanish speaking person, they didnt speak English. I whip out Google Translate and speak into the app and it translated it out good enough I am assuming since he was able to reply and we were able to make a deal.

Have you had any real world use with this app?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
It is very good. Although you do have to put a lot of faith into the translation - and if you don't have any idea of the language your translating into - you can never be 100% sure it hasn't made a #meme

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
It is very good. Although you do have to put a lot of faith into the translation - and if you don't have any idea of the language your translating into - you can never be 100% sure it hasn't made a #meme
Used it a lot during my Russian language course.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I had a phone for sale, someone contacted me and we set a place to meet. When I get there is was a Spanish speaking person, they didnt speak English. I whip out Google Translate and speak into the app and it translated it out good enough I am assuming since he was able to reply and we were able to make a deal.

Have you had any real world use with this app?
Yes, I have.... and it nearly caused an "international incident". I will never use it again. It might be passable for Spanish, virtually useless for Romanian.

Reactions: Six8
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.