GOP Canadiate Carl Paladino NY homosexuality isn't equally valid with heterosexualiy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Oct 10, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/10/10/new.york.paladino.gays/index.html?hpt=T1

This guy is a freaking moron on top of that he has the following to say.

That's not how (God) created us," the prepared remarks continued, though Paladino did not say those words.

Paladino distributed copies of his prepared remarks to reporters at the event, an address to a group of Orthodox Jews in Brooklyn's Williamsburg neighborhood.

The candidate's remarks came a day after New York police announced the arrest of an eighth suspect in a series of brutal, anti-gay hate crimes against four men.

Don't misquote me as wanting to hurt homosexual people in any way," Paladino said Sunday. "That would be a dastardly lie -- my approach is live and let live."

"I just think my children and your children would be much better off and much more successful getting married and raising a family," he said.

Paladino also slammed his Democratic opponent, New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, for marching in New York's gay pride parade in June.

"That's not the example that we should be showing the children and certainly not in our schools," he said.

How do people seriously take the GOP seriously when they say stuff like that it astounds me.

2. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

The more he opens his mouth, the less likely he is to win.

The only time I hear about him in this state is when he did or said something incredibly stupid. He might as well be campaigning for Cuomo, with the things he has been doing recently.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I just saw this. What a first class jerk.

Let's hope he keeps saying things like this. Maybe he'll turn into the next Christine O'Donnell (i.e., candidate dying of self-inflicted wounds).

4. iDisk macrumors 6502a

iDisk

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Paladino is a Moral person, God created Man & Woman in his likeness (Gen 1:28) ... God didn't create Man & Man or Woman or Woman... The homosexual lifestyle is a sin, and those who are in it need to be set free, of that sin. God doesn't want them being decieved into thinking that's a good way to live.

Nobody is born a homosexual, you either choose to or sadly are forced into it by a pervert.

5. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

this is the belief of many.
    And those that believe in it and vocalize their beliefs, are condemned and made out to be evil or sort.
    We shall see how other will respond to your post.

6. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Jesus H Christ on a bike.

(I have a vision of somebody stumbling about iPhone in hand,typing furiously whilst frothing at the mouth)

7. Queso macrumors G4

All of this depends entirely on the existence of this "God" creature in the first place. Since there is both no proof and statistical evidence seems to indicate non-existence I'll put your opinion down as nonsense. Thanks for voicing it though. Much better to know how people stand.
    Lies do not become truth by majority opinion.

Born Agains :rolleyes:

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

As a New Yorker, I am embarrassed by this cretin. And here we thought these TP loons were only a product of the south and fly over country. Scary.

OT:Anyone else's iDisk running really slow?

9. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Lies? What lies?
    Lies it's the belief of many?
    Or the belief of many are lies?

10. Queso macrumors G4

I'm just stating that the amount of people that believe something has no bearing on its accuracy. Do you dispute that?

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Oy gevalt :rolleyes:

12. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

So, still stoning people who work on Saturday? What about people who insist on eating shellfish? And don't get me started on those heathens who wear clothes made from two different threads...

The sooner people in this country stop trying to live their lives, and stop trying to force other people to live their lives, from the examples of a Bronze Age cartoon-like fairy tale, the better.

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I've got news for you. Israel, you know, "GODS nation", has some of the most developed LGBT rights in the middle east, and more developed than the US. A majority of Israelis support gay marriage, gay couples can legally adopt children and openly gay men and women can serve in the military. So, are you still going to keep the Israeli flag as your avatar and that BS in your signature?

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No- he's not a moral person, and neither are you. You and he are the kind of people who simply wish to ignore the truth, and put your views above the lives and rights of others.

It should be condemned. It is evil. Prejudice, ignorance and bigotry are probably evil in it's purest form.

Further proves my point. Wow- what a "moral" guy.

16. iDisk macrumors 6502a

iDisk

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

All because the minority support gays, I don't support the lifestyle of sin , neither does God and his son Yeshua... I'm also not saying I'm perfect or paladino, he at least knows that Nations shouldn't be supporting the Homosexual lifestyle.... Also Not every israeli keeps to the Torah, just like here in the USA. Dig up history but the USA was founded on 3 of the 10 commandments.

17. Queso macrumors G4

It's not a "lifestyle". Some people just happen to be gay. Those that wrote the Bible didn't understand that, because they were rather primitive and all.

Plus they didn't have chocolate, so you have to feel a bit sorry for them.

18. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

Since God doesn't exist, he could not have created anything, therefore, your arguement falls flat.

Anecdotal and empirical evidence says otherwise...

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And according to the rabbi at my parents' synogague (and my old one, until I ditched religion completely) who is actually quite sane and a good guy to talk to, you're not supposed to. Jews (at least reform ones that is) see the Torah as a bunch of stories and nothing more. Not laws to live your life by and not something that should be the basis for every single thing you do. That's why you don't see a bunch of Jews protesting outside soldiers' funerals or celebrating the death of gay people, and are generally more accepting of people who have a different orientation, religion, whatever, because Jews see the torah as some decent stories, but overall, outdated sets of laws that aren't relevant today.

If you're under the impression that all of the Israelis should be following parts of the Torah that support stoning gay people or whatever, you obviously know nothing about Judaism, so stop mentioning the Torah, Israel and get rid of the Israeli flag avatar because you're giving my family and millions of other Jews a bad name with your crap.

20. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

protesting soldiers' funeral?

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I don't give a crap what you don't support. I don't share your religious beliefs, and you have no right to try to force others to through law.

22. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Lee should there be tolerance in the gay community for those that believe in God and his words?
    Should they be asked to accept something they don't believe in?
    Then should there be a compromise that some challenging god should accept god?
    Personally I believe a marriage is between a man and a woman.
    I did vote for gay marriage but it was a compromise between my belief and friends.

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I don't give a crap what you don't support. I don't share your religious beliefs, and you have no right to try to force others to through law.

Live however you want, and believe whatever you want. But the minute you cross the line, trying to force me to live like you, is when we're going to have lots of trouble. Mind your own business and leave others to theirs.

Tolerance of intolerance? No. If religion said that being black was inferior to being white, would you respect that as well?

People can believe what they want. But do not try to legislate those beliefs. This is the US, not Iran.

24. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Who's to say. Heck here could be a heaven, I don't know.
    Accuracy; talk to three people that saw something happen, it's very possible you won't ge the same story, does that mean it didn't happen or it happened in a different manner.
    Belief is interpretation. Agreeing on one interpretation in a large group ISA challenge.

25. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

You have nothing to be embarrassed about unless you voted for him in the Republican primary. The Republican party of our state should be embarrassed, since they chose this idiot to represent their party in the gubernatorial election. Paladino is unelectable in a statewide vote. It's a fact.