GOP email me

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by niuniu, Sep 6, 2012.

1. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    By mistake! So this is the sort of muck they feed each other. No wonder a lot of these folks are twisted and militant.

Header: Democrats attempt to spurn even the mention of God.

Republican Committee
    of Chester County

On To Victory

Dear Friends:

Recent events at the Democrat National Convention have revealed what we have suspected now for many years - Democrat leaders and their grassroots activists have nothing but disdain for God and the State of Israel.

The Democrats' platform committee removed from their platform a long-standing reference to our "God-given potential" and the support for the Jewish capital in Jerusalem. After public outcry, leaders of the party struggled to get a 2/3 vote from the floor to amend the platform to restore this language.

After three voice votes on the amendment, there was no clear "winner." Despite this, the Chair of the Convention ruled in favor of the amendment thus restoring mention of God in their platform and the Israeli capital - leading to a disgraceful chorus of boos and jeers from the rank and file.

All this followed a video at the beginning of the Convention that proclaimed - "Government is the only thing we all belong to."

This is another clear example of how radical the Democrat Party has become. The mere mention of God sparks a floor fight during the Democrat Convention. Their belief in a secular humanist, Godless society is truly frightening and shows how radical and out of touch the Democrat party is with America, when nearly 9 out of 10 Americans believe in God.

In addition to a failed stimulus, stagnant economy, threat of a double-dip recession and 23 million Americans unemployed or underemployed, please add these to your list of reasons why we need a new President.

We must redouble our volunteer efforts to ensure Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are victorious on November 6th.

If you can contribute $10, $20, $50 or more please click on the donate button below! Otherwise, Super Saturday is this weekend. Please contact Rhett O'Hara if you can go door knocking or spend some time in one of our call centers (locations below). His contact information is rohara@pagop.org or 215-779-1190.

Best,

Val DiGiorgio
    Chairman
    Republican Committee of Chester County

West Chester Romney Victory Call Center
    15 South Church Street
    West Chester, PA 19382
    rohara@pagop.org
    Open: Monday-Saturday 9:00am to 9:00pm

Paoli Romney Victory Call Center
    21 Plank Avenue
    Paoli, PA 19301
    Open: Monday-Saturday 9:00am to 9:00pm

2. 184550 Guest

And...? :confused:

Standard mailing list stuff. Since I donated to Obama I get all his emails which is essentially the same stuff with a liberal twist.

Nothing surprising or shocking here.

3. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

OH NO!!!!! They don't mention God, and now they do. The Dems just lost my vote. :mad:

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Wow, there are people who don't believe in god in this country, the horror! :eek:

:rolleyes:

I'm glad the people in the party I support recognize that not all of us believe in an invisible magical man in the sky.

7. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

Maybe in the twilight zone. Let me show you a Conservative email from the UK.

CAMPAIGN BULLETIN
    FRIDAY 31st AUGUST

FALL IN NET MIGRATION
    This week the government welcomed figures that demonstrate a fall in net migration to the UK.
    Estimated net migration fell to 216,000 in the year to December 2011; down from 252,000 in the year to December 2010 as a raft of recent reforms to the immigration system start to bite.
    To download a template national article, click here.

PCC ACTION DAY
    A national campaign action day will be held on Saturday 8th September. A campaign pack will be sent to all constituencies in England, click here for more details.
    In addition, the Campaign Department have produced a candidate poster and petition for the action day.
    If you require more assistance, please contact your CCHQ Field Campaigner (details in the PCC Summer Action Pack).

ENTERING THE MARKED REGISTER
    The deadline for entering the marked register into MERLIN is 1 September 2012.
    The marked register is the official record of who voted and is an essential tool to help Associations campaign ahead of November's Police and Crime Commissioner elections.
    This information can be a powerful tool when for carrying out exercises such as campaigning, planning a membership drive, finding council candidates, running draws, etc.
    Please contact helpdesk@conservatives.com if you have any queries.

PARLIAMENTARY BY-ELECTIONS
    In the coming months there will be a number of important Parliamentary by-elections. For more information, or to find out the ways you can help, please visit our new by-elections section on the Party website.

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

From what I've seen over the past few years since we elected the first black president I wouldn't exactly call the GOP "conservative " anymore.

9. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I guess the invocation prayer, benediction prayer and every speaker mentioning God and how blessed America is, is proof enough that those dang infidel dems don't believe in the same God as the GOP.

10. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

They're afraid the Black President will round them up an stick them in FEMA camps! :eek:

Their irrational fear is minorities will treat them, how they treat minorities.

11. q64ceo macrumors regular

Yes, all Republicans are racist no matter what. That is the most important thing to the GOP: race, sex, creed, and religion. Pay no attention to the ****** economy, thats all window dressing; the GOP only cares about electing white straight men!

And no, I am not a Republican, I am a Libertarian. A REAL Libertarian, not the Ron Paul GOP Libertarians

12. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I'm not referring to all Republicans. I'm referring to the birther teabag wing of the party.

13. 184550 Guest

So you begin by talking about oranges and I tell you that, yes, it's an orange and then you say, no, look at this apple. :rolleyes:

Different parties, different countries, golly gee, wonder why they're different?

14. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

'Different country' and 'different party' isn't an explanation for absurd behaviour.

I compared an email from your right-wing conservative party to our right-wing conservative party.

Since you're the 'voice of reason' as you once claimed (of course, that asks us to ignore the fact that you believe in invisible men, zombies etc), tell us why the difference between the two.

15. 184550 Guest

Here.

If that's a little too difficult, try this. Read the section entitled 'United Kingdom' then read the section entitled 'United States'.

If one is so inane as to not understand the differences between two different countries political parties, then I'm not sure I'm the proper avenue for that sort of help.

Oh, I'm going to need proof where I mentioned invisible men and zombies as that does not ring a single bell.

16. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

So your link points to the British conservatism having came from the Church and the rural landowning class. Similarly the GOP has strong ties to rich land owners and the Church.

In terms of views,

Again, similar to British conservatism.

Now tell me again, how that explains absurd behaviour such as the earlier GOP email?

17. 184550 Guest

How ****ing dense can one be? Seriously. How ****ing dense?

So with your logic, I can claim 'Liberals all over the world are the same.'.

Does that statement make any sense? No.

18. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

You got my up vote. ;)

19. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

Very dense, so please enlighten me by answering a simple question.

And please quote where I said all liberals over the world are the same, or made that logical assumption.

20. 184550 Guest

Once again, I'll have to direct you here.

Oh the irony. That was an inane generalization I made using your logic.

21. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

I made a comparison between two similarly placed political parties. That doesn't mean I expect the same behaviour. Your idea of irony, is ironic :D

What I am asking, and you've constantly dodged answering, is why one of those parties behaves in ways that can only be considered absurd in a developed nation.

That is certainly not the same as asking why one party doesn't behave in exactly the same way.

22. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

Think we need a break to clarify what's going on.

Since your posts have done everything except answer the question, and have instead tried to confuse the issue, misrepresent the issue and even appeal to foodstuff..

I'll skip my previous question, and come back to it later. I have two new ones for you.

1. Do you believe that asking why one group is behaving absurdly, compared to another group, is exactly the same as saying, 'two groups must behave exactly the same'?

2. Do you believe in God and are affiliated with a sect, cult or religion that practices a form of worship, and preaches a form of morality.

Once we've cleared that up, we can get back to my original question.

----
    Sorry about this,
    Ouch, that's like a -10. Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy :D