GOP House Criminal Referral of Comey, McCabe, and even Yates

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Gutwrench, Apr 18, 2018.

1. raqball macrumors 68000

Might need to be amended and additional names and crimes added after the full OIG report comes out as well..

2. Gutwrench thread starter Contributor

Gutwrench

A group of conservative lawmakers on Wednesday wrote to Attorney General Jeff Sessions asking him to investigate Hillary Clinton, former FBI Director James Comey and others whom President Trumphas targeted on Twitter and elsewhere.

The letter outlines accusations against Clinton and several former and current members of the FBI and Justice Department. The allegations largely relate to the lead-up to the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

The letter lays out allegations of criminal wrongdoing by Clinton, Comey, ex-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, former acting Attorney General Sally Yates, former acting Deputy Attorney General Dana Boente and FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.

Conservatives since the 2016 campaign have accused nearly every individual listed of being biased against Trump or in favor of Clinton.

“Because we believe that those in positions of high authority should be treated the same as every other American, we want to be sure that the potential violations of law outlined below are vetted appropriately," the lawmakers wrote.

The letter was addressed to Sessions, FBI Director Christopher Wray and U.S. Attorney John Huber, the latter of which was appointed last month to lead an investigation into Republicans' allegations that the FBI and DOJ abused a surveillance program against a former Trump campaign aide.

Eleven Republican members of Congress signed the letter: Reps. Ron DeSantis (Fla.), Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Dave Brat (Va.), Jeff Duncan (S.C.), Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Andy Harris (Md.), Jody Hice (Ga.), Todd Rokita (Ind.), Claudia Tenney (N.Y.) and Ted Yoho (Fla.).

Several of the Republicans who signed Wednesday's letter also previously urged Sessionsto appoint a second special counsel to investigate Clinton.

A number of conservative lawmakers have called for an investigation into Clinton over the course of the past year. Many of those same representatives have argued the Justice Department is infected with a bias against Trump.

Democrats and others have argued that those representatives are seeking to undermine special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill....nd-sessions-investigate-clinton-and-comey?amp

3. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

:D Gotta love the even-handed nature of the "Similar Threads" algorithm.

GottaLoveTheMacRSimilarThreadsAlgo.jpg

4. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Pathetic and laughable. At what point do Trump and his folks stop running against Hillary?

5. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Gee I dunno. Maybe when his own party decides to primary him?

6. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

At least if they're investigating something they're not making bad laws :D

Election season has started so the hyperbole will need to rise to a commiserate level.

7. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

8. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

What, no Benghazi?

The GOP has degenerated into a thoroughly reprehensible organization. And all in the service of a pathological liar, con artist and ignoramus who daily defiles the office of the president.

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Looks to me like some people ended up having another loft/apartment opening so they put out another "live here rent free!" sign inside their heads and had more people move in.

As if investigating them is going to make the investigations on themselves go away. :confused::rolleyes:

And meanwhile, we also have McConnell refuse to allow a bill to be put on the Senate floor, despite having bipartisan support in passing out of Committee to protect Mueller from being fired by either the AG, Deputy AG, or the POTUS.

That's right, McConnell unilaterally, as Majority leader, refused to allow the bill to go to floor, even though members of his own caucus voted for it.

BL.

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I have no problem investigating everyone, Trump, Clinton, Lynch, etc. I also find it moronic that some congressmen signs his name with his Veterinary credentials. No one's calling him Dr. Yoho in congress. If he asked to be referred to as Dr. then I'd be calling him Doc McStuffins if I was his colleague in the house.

11. 0007776 Suspended

And we further our slide to being a third world banana republic. Ford was smart to not prosecute Nixon and set a precedent, it looks like we are moving away from that and will start having political prosecutions of former administrations on a regular basis.

12. raqball macrumors 68000

So are you against the investigation of past crimes?

13. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I’m against threats of criminal prosecution to go after political opponents. Trump has been president for 15 months. If there were actual crimes committed by Hillary, the Justice Department would already be investigating her. Same with Lynch. Same with Comey, etc, etc.

14. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I am against "past crimes" that have been investigated ad nasuam.

15. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

I'm sick of red herrings tossed out by the right and their media outlets every time some real shoe drops in the Trump administration. This guy and his rancid bunch of cronies are an anomaly and the sooner the voters throw them out of office or force Congress to impeach Trump and have a trial in the Senate, the better.

I'd prefer the voters do it in 2020 so there's no call to investigate whether some hostile foreign nation caused enough congressmen to come to their senses and impeach Trump in his first term. But I'd settle for an enlightened move by Congress pretty soon here the way things are going.

Ryan could do us a favor since he's signaled giving up the gavel already, step up and call for articles of impeachment to be passed by a majority Republican vote of the House Judiciary Committee. If they ever got it through the House then the Senate might not be shy about convicting and removing Trump. The question is whether the GOP in the House has enough spine to impeach him. I'd say not, not while Trump's polls are still good... but you never know. We do have a constitution and Trump can't make some move that blatantly defies it without forcing the full House to consider their own oaths of office.

The trade tariffs have annoyed a lot of voters who went for Trump. Promises of waivers and renegotiation is being discounted too, thanks to how often this President just lies when he says stuff. One of these days he's gonna tell a whopper that really rings the gong out there in the heartland. I hope it's sooner than 2020 because I'm not sure the country can stand the abuse from his crony-ridden agencies in the meantime.

16. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

17. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Just another attempt to drag other people down to their level so people think "well, they're all bad, its a wash".

If Trump and his mud-slinging gang of weak GOP fall-in-liners and "loyalists" end up exonerated, how are we to believe the worst FBI director in history - "Slippery" Jim Comey, Witch Hunt leader Mueller and the rest of the DoJ did anything right?

Also, love the "lock them up" garbage, another one of Trump's great double-faced hypocrisies.

18. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

19. raqball, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018

raqball macrumors 68000

They have been?

Here are the peeps in the memo:
    • James Comey = He has been investigated ad nauseam?
    • Andrew McCabe= He has been investigated ad nauseam?
    • Loretta Lynch = She has been investigated ad nauseam?
    • Peter Strzok = He has been investigated ad nauseam?
    • Lisa Page = She has been investigated ad nauseam?
    • Hillary Clinton =
      • The FBI Clinton foundation investigation is ongoing
      • The email scandal was never properly investigated. Even so, the memo does not ask for that to be reopened
      • Fusion GPS = Has not been investigated fully and I would not say this has been investigated ad nauseam.
    If Trump did something wrong hold him accountable. If his associates did something wrong hold them accountable. If any of the subjects listed in the memo did something wrong then they also need to be held accountable.

Once the OIG final report comes out, we'll more than likely have more information on Comey, McCabe, Strzok and Page. Maybe that report will contain enough information for the IG to refer the case(s) against them to the DOJ..

20. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

So Trump says "No collusion, witch hunt, time for it to end..."

And his cohorts want to keep investigating Hillary, and basically anyone who was opposed to Trump. Yeah, nothing to see here. Why doesn't Trump and Fox News speak out about a hostile foreign nation interfering in the election with as much fervor as they do the DoJ and Clinton?

21. raqball macrumors 68000

I've never said that and if you read my response above I was pretty clear that he and his associates also need to be held accountable if they did something wrong.. I've said that exact same thing numerous times here in other threads..

22. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I didn’t say you said that, just re-reading the names just made another one of his hypocritical favorites pop into my head.

23. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Claudia Tenney? Yeah, we all take her seriously
    Many of this dozen are the premier rabid frothing RW crazies.

24. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Sure. How far do you want to go?