GOP Lawmaker Poised to Call for Special Prosecutor to Investigate White House

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Mar 25, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh- here we go. It's the Clinton administration all over again. :rolleyes: Probably nothing here, but I guess we'll see.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20001105-503544.html?tag=pop

2. Queso macrumors G4

Why are the Republican party such winghy arses when out of power? Every time they make out like the USA's been taken over by criminals. Complete drama queens.

3. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

So... if Obama offered the guy a job to drop his bid for office... you're cool with that? Interesting how our hunger for 'accountability' changes based on the current occupant of the White House. ;)

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Because they know they have no ideas of their own. They can't compete on an intellectual level, so they have to manufacture scandals and sow fear.

Oh christ! No one said that! I just doubt this happened. The Republicans are desperate for something, anything. I would not put it past them to make things like this up just as a distraction. They've done it several times before.

5. Queso macrumors G4

Blame the Tea Party nutjobs and the Palinites if you want to know why nobody is interested in these accusations. They are currently trying every possible tactic to discredit Obama to the point of invoking the utterly ridiculous. Personally I believe they've cried wolf once too often, especially when you take the same tactics being used against Clinton into account. When the accusation comes from a Republican under the current climate it's very difficult to take it seriously, unless of course you're a Palinite or an advocate of the Tea Party.

6. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Exactly my point.

"He wasn't born here!" "He's a Muslim!". On and on... it's like the Boy Who Cried Wolf. Now they have a new tactic they can try. I doubt there's anything to it. And no matter what evidence the WH supplies, they won't accept it.

7. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

:rolleyes:

Perhaps Mr. Sestak, a Democratic congressman, just made it up, since the claim would no doubt drastically boost his political future! :D

8. Queso macrumors G4

This story is spin without substance, nothing more. Move along people, nothing to see here.

9. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

Let them investigate.
    If there's nothing there they won't find anything.

Why should Obama be immune to any investigation?

10. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Mr Sestak won't even comment on this. Probably because there's nothing there.

No one said he should. When they find nothing, they'll move onto something else to waste our money. That's what makes me angry.

11. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

High level political operations have discussions that go something like this:

You're running for office against a candidate we want to keep.
    I want to win.
    If you run, you will weaken the seat and make it more likely a Republican will win.
    I can't just drop out, I already resigned my x position.
    Look, if you drop out we'll take care of you/you will have a position in our administration.

On the other hand, if the conversation was:

If you drop out we'll pay you off with a job... yeah, then it could be bad.

12. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

Why do I keep thinking of a Vulcan when I see that name?

Of all the things the government wastes money on, this is a drop in the bucket.
    Welfare, Israel, Iraq War, Medicaid, construction contracts - etc. All that adds up to trillions. Let them spend a few hundred thousand on this crap and maybe they'll shut up.

13. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Haha!

As we saw with Clinton, they won't stop at all. Expect a repeat of that circus if the Republicans get a majority in either the Senate or House. Except this time, they won't find a blow job.

14. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Because we all know it is much better to put a horse show organizer whom you owe a favour in charge of FEMA.

15. Queso macrumors G4

Oh, they'll allege one anyway. Most likely from Osama Bin Laden :rolleyes:

16. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Far too much illegality so far from this administration has been dismissed by its sympathetic mainstream media shield; imagine what the liberals would be doing now if the Bush Administration had offered a federal job in exchange for someone dropping out of a Senate primary? Half the Democrats would be screaming impeachment! Kudos to Rep. Darrell Issa for his call for a special prosecutor - Chicago illegality needs to be prosecuted!

17. Queso macrumors G4

If the Bush Administration had done it nobody would even notice. Amongst the rest of the crap they pulled this would appear like one of their better moves.

Compared to hundreds of billions of taxpayers' money awarded in no-bid contracts to Bush's Daddy's company and the other company that Dick Cheney just happens to have hundreds of millions of dollars of share options in it's pretty weak. Even a Palinite Tea Party advocate is clever enough to see that.

18. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Rules.Rules.Rules

Post a LINK to that accusation.

19. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

Meh, not much will change. Clinton's problem was he committed perjury - a federal offense. He lied under oath. The whole thing was tied up in the details and semantics to the point where they threw up their hands and dropped the charges.

The Republicans are so disorganized and dense I don't see them uniting and going after Obama like they did Clinton.

and no, I'm not a liberal.

20. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

I am agreeing with Rep. Darrell Issa and supporting his call for a Special Prosecutor.

21. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Originally Posted by IntheNet
    Far too much illegality so far from this administration

Rules Rules Rules

Post a LINK to that accusation.

22. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I see no link

23. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That was after so much investigation and harassment already. The Republicans had done so much and had Ken Starr hounding Clinton on a daily basis for a very long time. He was bound to slip up. Who wouldn't with all the allegations the Republicans threw at him? And all they got was lying about a blow job.

Don't worry, they will. Except it will be far worse this time.

Rules are rules.

24. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

I was making a general statement of what is seen as a pattern of illegal conduct by this administration to amplify my point; should you demand links to such an assessment, refer to 1) the issue of fired Inspector General of the Corporation for National and Community Service, Gerald Walpin, and 2) the administration's role in the illegal removal of Haitian children, both clear instances of illegality which may mean a Special Prosecutor investigating the White House for their involvement, in addition to the issue Rep. Darrell Issa is surfacing.

25. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Good man.Thanks for playing by the rules. Now a question.

Do you ever read the links you post ?