GOP Leader? Romney or the Bigots? You decide.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, May 2, 2012.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Mr. Romney had an opportunity to distance himself from the homophobic bigots within the party that he now leads, and he chose instead to keep his mouth shut and allow an advisor to be driven from his team.

That is the guy the GOP has selected to be its leader.

Mitt Romney is _________. Fill in the blank.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Screw both of them. Grenell got what he deserved. He decided to play with the rabid dog that is the GOP and he got bit. Is he surprised? This is what happens when you decide to work with people who wish to deny you fundamental rights. When it comes down to it, they'll throw you to the dogs.

3. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

Or strap you to the top of the car.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Romney has no spine but we already knew that. Grenell was highly qualified for the job and Romney threw him under the bus as soon as one of the bigots got a bit loud about it.

5. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

He strapped him to the top of the bus.

6. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

... this country's only hope.

It's my opinion, folks. Down vote me, pillory me all you want, but it's where my vote is going.

Bye.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Can you explain why you believe this to be the case? Why do you believe someone like this, who gets rid of someone because of something he is, could possibly be good for the country.

8. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

Everyone should upvote CalWizrd!

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'd love to hear your reasoning behind this.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No thanks. I'll stay neutral.

11. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I upvoted him, but not because you suggested it, but I am sure you're not shocked.

12. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

The only thing Romney is at this point in the election is "this country's only hope to not have a black President." Beyond that, can you articulate anything he stands for?

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No one can because no one knows for sure. He hasn't said anything. I do no one thing he is, and that's a job killer. His time spent at Bain proves that.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Yet even when expressing a neutral opinion, somebody down votes you.

That's cold man.

Edit: I see someone balanced the ledger. How anybody could down vote that post is beyond me.

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The voting system is stupid, but I expect down votes from childish people who won't even debate. It doesn't really bother me anymore.

16. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

He probably won't campaign on even more Bush tax cuts. He probably will join the call for extending them or making them permanant, but that's just maintaining the status quo. Not exactly taking a stand for something. Not to mention, he's campaigning on the premise that the status quo isn't good enough, and we need him to make things better.

He can't really claim that Obama isn't doing enough to promote energy in this country, as oil permits are up, oil development is up, dependence on foreign oil is down.

He probably will argue we need to cut taxes for corporations, but that's going to be a tough sell when there are calls to make the poor bear a larger share of the burden. Plus, how does that help the economy?

At this point, Romney is the white guy. He's not the black guy. Oh, and he's not the guy with the funny name who sounds like a scary Muslim, but who happens to actually be a Christian, unlike, well, under most interpretations, Romney.

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Seems lee's been getting down votes lately from one or two people no matter what he says. Very mature. :rolleyes:

(points gun at own head, pulls trigger without hesitation)

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And death wished too. That's OK. Cowards will do what they will.

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

21. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It's obvious you don't like the democrats. That's fine (I don't like US political culture in general), but you could at least provide more information with your statement.

edit: by the way, don't expect problems to go away just because a portion of the leadership changes hands. Whether you trust them or not means very little. None of these guys have your interests in mind.

22. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

It never gets old. :D

You just need a bigger car-wash. :p

And I hope we never get to say "to the top of Air Force One". :eek:

23. mcrain, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012

mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

I'm imagining the motorcade on the day of the inauguration. Mitt and his family in the Presidential limo waving behind 2 inch thick bullet proof glass, with his trusted family dog, Hey Dog, on top of the limo barking at the crowd through his bulletproof glass cage. (I wish I knew how to use photoshop...)

24. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

The Republican party is dominated by the Religious Right and so Republican politicians will appeal to these people regardless of how the may themselves feel... Standing up for someone as qualified as Grenell would be not only be politically sensible, but the right thing to do if we really are a 'free' country. And if we are a free country, then Romney should have condemned those making homophobic remarks as bigots. In this case, a lack of action was worth a thousand words. Republican relations to traditional conservative politics are long gone; its resemblance to religion is far more pronounced.

25. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu