GOP Leaders Outline Healthcare Plan

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by shinji, Feb 17, 2017 at 10:19 AM.

1. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502

MadeTheSwitch

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

This plan will be far worse than the ACA. I thought they wanted to improve it?

4. samcraig macrumors P6

Here's the smoke and mirrors. People might have more money in their pocket - right up until they have to actually pay for medical expenses. Then they will be !@#$%.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I really hope they ram this through and pass it because it will be the death of the GOP.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Yes and no. I mean - people still take Trump at his word despite being shown he's a habitual liar. He'll tell people the hundreds of dollars they now have because they aren't paying outrageous premiums - some premiums that have gone up 160% because of the disaster that is obamacare - trust me - a disaster - we all know it. I inherited a mess and now I've put money back into your pocket. I said that I would repeal and replace it with something more affordable. My plans are more affordable. And then he'll just divert the question to something else ignoring the fact that the plan might be cheaper but coverage is not.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The people that would be hurt most by this plan ironically are Trump's core supporters. So let them pass this steaming pile of **** and then have to explain themselves to their core supporters.

8. TheBean75 macrumors 6502

TheBean75

I honestly hope there are enough Republican politicians that look and that and take a stand of no, that's not good for my constituents in any way and go against party lines.

Chance of that happening, next to NIL. RED PARTY FOREVER!

9. poloponies macrumors 68030

On the plus side, there's no need for "death panels" because it already writes off access to coverage for the poor.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

They just nominated the worst person in the history of the world to run the EPA. They don't give a **** about anyone.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502

MadeTheSwitch

Unfortunately it could be the real death of others. Possibly even me. Which is why I am so adamantly against them. For most of you, it's probably just politics. But for some of us it's economic disaster or even a life and death situation.

Trump said he wanted to take care of everyone. Prove it. I don't see this in this plan outline.

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Honestly all I see in the plan is the ACA stripped down to it's core.

13. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

I didn't see any mention of how much of a tax break people making over $250,000 per year get. Isn't that all that's really important?

14. kobalap macrumors 6502

Uh, yes.

15. VulchR macrumors 68000

VulchR

Erm... correct me if I am wrong, but won't tax credits save poor, working and middle class people only a small amount of money? Tax changes would have to be huge to offset the expenses of private health insurance and deductibles, let alone cover medical care for those who cannot afford insurance. Indeed, some people couldn't afford medical care if they paid 0% tax.

The GOP - leaving you behind™.

16. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Thank goodness! A multi-billionaire is eligible to claim the same tax credit as a minimum wage worker. That's equality the GOP way!

17. samcraig macrumors P6

The GOP - leaving you for dead™.

Fixed that for ya ;)

18. poloponies macrumors 68030

Yup. It's not a voucher plan. People who can afford to pay will pay less, people who can't afford to pay will still be unlikely to afford it. But on the plus side, if they're in a state withe Medicaid cuts, they won't get that coverage either.

F-you, poor people!!

19. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

You are looking at this wrong. Don't look at it from the point of view of the poor people. Look at from the point of view of rich people. They get a tax credit that unfairly was limited to poor people by Obama.

20. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

that damn narcissistic ******* /s

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Let the Trump supporters who don't want insurance through the ACA get sick and die. Hopefully sane states will take care of their own people with a real replacement.

22. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Some may ask "Why do people making $100,000 or more need a tax credit for health insurance?" They probably think its an obvious, almost rhetorical question.

But it has an very good answer. This way we can justify cutting other programs because we don't have enough revenue. Didn't think of that, did you? Mr. Smarty-Question-Asker. :cool:

23. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

When Obamacare collapses as it is now doing, people will get sick and die. At least the GOP is doing something about it.

24. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

I don't think getting rich helps the sick

25. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Getting rich? Obamacare is failing, or have you missed that?