GOP "Lifer" Resigns

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by CaptMurdock, Jul 25, 2016.

1. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

https://goplifer.com/2016/07/22/resignation-letter/

Powerful stuff.

From his fairy-tale wall to his schoolyard bullying and his flirtation with violent racists, Donald Trump offers America a singular narrative – a tale of cowards. Fearful people, convinced of our inadequacy, trembling before a world alight with imaginary threats, crave a demagogue. Neither party has ever elevated to this level a more toxic figure, one that calls forth the darkest elements of our national character.
    .... I watched Paul Ryan speak at Donald Trump’s convention the way a young child watches his father march off to prison. Thousands of Republican figures that loathe Donald Trump, understand the danger he represents, and privately hope he loses, are publicly declaring their support for him.

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

It's not 2005 anymore, it's not 2003 anymore, it's not 1956 anymore. Events happened then led to the situation we have now, but that's oversimplified and are a third of the issue: Present and future are what count. Looking forward based on what happens today.

3. 617aircav Suspended

We all see things differently. The Danger he talks about with Trump I just don't see it. I see trump as the candidate that wants to keep America safe and Hillary wanting to pander to foreign voices. Open borders is dangerous, Syrian refugees brought in without proper vetting is dangerous. These are facts. Germany has begun to suffer for its illogical migration policies and will suffer many more innocent deaths. Hillarys time as Secretary of State was a disaster to the world. Her Libya move alone is the most dumbest thing I've seen in decades. Anyone with a brain knew removing Ghadaffi would have the results it has had. A country ruined. How times have changed. I supported Hillary in 08.

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

He's not the only one. It's no longer your Father's GOP. My Dad now 86 years old, a life long Republican, became an Independent after Dubya took the reigns. It was too much for him.