GOP Senate candidate compares food stamp recipients to wild animals

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Apr 30, 2014.

1. steve knight, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014

steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I know I would not want this idiot for a doctor. looks like if you read the rest she has been scamming the system too. I guess it is ok to be a welfare cheat bu not be poor and need welfare.
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/...mpares-food-stamp-recipients-to-wild-animals/

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

3. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

Come on, where's the good pic?? :p

Here: :D
    [​IMG]

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I think the moral of the story is that hand outs simply make you dependent on the government.

5. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

Sticking with the animal analogy and I suggest promoting survival of the fittest or maybe Hunger Games...

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I think the moral of the story is that some people are in the mindset that society, the civil construct that has allowed humanity to become the awe inspiring animal that it has, is somehow undesirable so we should return to the good ole days of hunter-gatherer mentality, while keeping the iPads and SUVs of course. :rolleyes:

Funny how different our interpretations are....

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

hmm..

Something for you to think about in today's modern world of "I got mine".

Oh.. this was written in 1986; prophetic, isn't it?

BL.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

:D:D

yes it is funny how things are interpreted. lets continue making people dependent on the GOVT.
    [​IMG]

----------

HA, how about those on welfare get some type of training so that they can "get theirs" as well?

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Can I compete against all the hipsters with bad beards, H&M cardigans and cuffed skinny jeans showing paisley socks?

And I can't see spending time and energy on the musings of a D-list candidate that has no chance of winning. Same is true for all levels of office.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Tea Party clown car.

You'd think someone wanting to be Senator would know that 102,253 South Dakotans received SNAP benefits in January 2014. Total state population is 833,354.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I would take on vegetarians, push comes to shove I would eat my "veggies" :eek:

[/sarcasm

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

What are you talking about when you say welfare? What programs specifically? Welfare isn't actually a program.

Or are you just using it as a catch-all for government assistance?

13. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

You've mislabeled your image. Those people are suffering from automation and lack of exercise. :)

14. zin macrumors 6502

Sigh. Yet again I point out the countries of Scandinavia and even Germany, with welfare considerably higher than in the U.S. and I ask again, why are those countries not swamped with unemployment and laziness?

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Catch all. Works for me

----------

Gee. Might have something to do with the fact they are different cultures. Japanese after the tsunami returned items that did not belong to them. After Katrina hit there was tons of looting here in the U.S

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Most "welfare" recipients are children, elderly, disabled, or infirm. And your solution is for them to go out and get trained and get jobs? Good luck with that.

Oh snap... You're a "tailspin of culture" type too, huh? That worked out so well for Paul Ryan he had to apologize for blowing the whistle too loudly.

17. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I guess that puts him as the 'man in the silk suit', referenced by Bruce Hornsby.

BL.

18. zin macrumors 6502

So now you're saying welfare in principle isn't the problem, the people are? And your solution to change the culture of the dishonest and fraudulent minority is to remove the welfare, despite the fact that it would hit the vulnerable and poorest (i.e. the people who claim welfare honestly and genuinely) the hardest? :confused:

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

yeah, its children i see sliding their EBTs are the liquor stores/walmart/stater bros.
    look, a child
    http://money.msn.com/now/post--how-a-sushi-eating-surfer-is-killing-food-stamps

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    have you tried reading what I posted?
    here, let me help you out.

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

From your article:
    Oops. Thanks for proving my point though. Saved me the trouble. :D

See, this is the problem with anecdotal evidence. You see adults sliding cards, but the benefits are for their child. But you don't know that, so you just assume it's a scammer, because that's where your mind naturally goes.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

when I see them driving a better car that I have, yeah, its a "scammer" that comes to mind.

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You're totally projecting. What if that car was bought before hard times hit? What if it's paid off and cheaper to keep than to sell and get a new car that you deem more appropriate for their status? What if they have borrowed a parent's car to go shopping?

You appear to be extremely jealous of "welfare" recipients.

23. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

LMFAO. yeah, I am jealous . I better stop working & get on it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

25. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You're at least as jealous of them as I am of the super rich.