GOP Senate candidate compares food stamp recipients to wild animals

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
I know I would not want this idiot for a doctor. looks like if you read the rest she has been scamming the system too. I guess it is ok to be a welfare cheat bu not be poor and need welfare.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/30/gop-senate-candidate-compares-food-stamp-recipients-to-wild-animals/
A Republican candidate for U.S. Senate compared food stamp recipients to wild animals in a Facebook post.

Dr. Annette Bosworth, who is running for South Dakota’s open Senate seat against four other Republicans, shared a viral image Monday on her personal page on the social media network, reported Right Wing Watch.

“The food stamp program is administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. They proudly report that they distribute free meals and food stamps to over 46 million people on an annual basis,” the graphic claims.

“Meanwhile, the National Park Service, run by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us ‘please do not feed the animals.’ Their stated reason for this policy being that … The animals will grow dependent on the handouts, and then they will never learn to take care of themselves,” it continues. “This concludes today’s lesson. Any questions?”

The physician, who styles herself after Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Rep. Steve King (R-IA), is running in third place in a recent poll, behind former South Dakota state Sen. and Gov. Mike Rounds and state Rep. Stace Nelson.

Last edited by a moderator:

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I think the moral of the story is that hand outs simply make you dependent on the government.
I think the moral of the story is that some people are in the mindset that society, the civil construct that has allowed humanity to become the awe inspiring animal that it has, is somehow undesirable so we should return to the good ole days of hunter-gatherer mentality, while keeping the iPads and SUVs of course. :rolleyes:

Funny how different our interpretations are....

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
I think the moral of the story is that hand outs simply make you dependent on the government.
hmm..

Bruce Hornsby and the Range said:
Standing in line marking time
Waiting for the welfare dime
Because they can't buy a job

The man in the silk suit hurries by
As he catches the poor old ladies' eyes
Just for fun he says, "Get a job."

That's just the way it is
Some things will never change
But don't you believe them

He said, "hey little boy you can't go
Where the others go
'Cause you don't look like they do."
I said, "hey, old man how can you stand
To think that way
Did you really think about it
Before you made the rules?"
He said, Son

Well they passed a law in '64
To give those who ain't got a little more
But it only goes so far
Because the law don't change another's mind
When all it sees at the hiring time
Is the line on the color bar

Something for you to think about in today's modern world of "I got mine".

Oh.. this was written in 1986; prophetic, isn't it?

BL.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Sticking with the animal analogy and I suggest promoting survival of the fittest or maybe Hunger Games...
:D:D

I think the moral of the story is that some people are in the mindset that society, the civil construct that has allowed humanity to become the awe inspiring animal that it has, is somehow undesirable so we should return to the good ole days of hunter-gatherer mentality, while keeping the iPads and SUVs of course. :rolleyes:

Funny how different our interpretations are....
yes it is funny how things are interpreted. lets continue making people dependent on the GOVT.

----------

hmm..

Something for you to think about in today's modern world of "I got mine".

Oh.. this was written in 1986; prophetic, isn't it?

BL.
HA, how about those on welfare get some type of training so that they can "get theirs" as well?

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Sticking with the animal analogy and I suggest promoting survival of the fittest or maybe Hunger Games...
Can I compete against all the hipsters with bad beards, H&M cardigans and cuffed skinny jeans showing paisley socks?

And I can't see spending time and energy on the musings of a D-list candidate that has no chance of winning. Same is true for all levels of office.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Tea Party clown car.

You'd think someone wanting to be Senator would know that 102,253 South Dakotans received SNAP benefits in January 2014. Total state population is 833,354.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Can I compete against all the hipsters with bad beards, H&M cardigans and cuffed skinny jeans showing paisley socks?

And I can't see spending time and energy on the musings of a D-list candidate that has no chance of winning. Same is true for all levels of office.
I would take on vegetarians, push comes to shove I would eat my "veggies" :eek:

[/sarcasm

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
HA, how about those on welfare get some type of training so that they can "get theirs" as well?
What are you talking about when you say welfare? What programs specifically? Welfare isn't actually a program.

Or are you just using it as a catch-all for government assistance?

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
:D:D

yes it is funny how things are interpreted. lets continue making people dependent on the GOVT.

----------

You've mislabeled your image. Those people are suffering from automation and lack of exercise. :)

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
Sigh. Yet again I point out the countries of Scandinavia and even Germany, with welfare considerably higher than in the U.S. and I ask again, why are those countries not swamped with unemployment and laziness?

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
What are you talking about when you say welfare? What programs specifically? Welfare isn't actually a program.

Or are you just using it as a catch-all for government assistance?
Catch all. Works for me

----------

Sigh. Yet again I point out the countries of Scandinavia and even Germany, with welfare considerably higher than in the U.S., and I ask again, why are those countries not swamped with unemployment and laziness?
Gee. Might have something to do with the fact they are different cultures. Japanese after the tsunami returned items that did not belong to them. After Katrina hit there was tons of looting here in the U.S

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Catch all. Works for me

----------

Gee. Might have something to do with the fact they are different cultures. Japanese after the tsunami returned items that did not belong to them. After Katrina hit there was tons of looting here in the U.S
Most "welfare" recipients are children, elderly, disabled, or infirm. And your solution is for them to go out and get trained and get jobs? Good luck with that.

Oh snap... You're a "tailspin of culture" type too, huh? That worked out so well for Paul Ryan he had to apologize for blowing the whistle too loudly.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Most "welfare" recipients are children, elderly, disabled, or infirm. And your solution is for them to go out and get trained and get jobs? Good luck with that.
I guess that puts him as the 'man in the silk suit', referenced by Bruce Hornsby.

BL.

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
Catch all. Works for me
So now you're saying welfare in principle isn't the problem, the people are? And your solution to change the culture of the dishonest and fraudulent minority is to remove the welfare, despite the fact that it would hit the vulnerable and poorest (i.e. the people who claim welfare honestly and genuinely) the hardest? :confused:

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget

Oh snap... You're a "tailspin of culture" type too, huh? That worked out so well for Paul Ryan he had to apologize for blowing the whistle too loudly.
yeah, its children i see sliding their EBTs are the liquor stores/walmart/stater bros.
look, a child
http://money.msn.com/now/post--how-a-sushi-eating-surfer-is-killing-food-stamps

I guess that puts him as the 'man in the silk suit', referenced by Bruce Hornsby.

BL.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
So now you're saying welfare in principle isn't the problem, the people are? And your solution to change the culture of the dishonest and fraudulent minority is to remove the welfare, despite the fact that it would hit the vulnerable and poorest (i.e. the people who claim welfare honestly and genuinely) the hardest? :confused:
have you tried reading what I posted?
here, let me help you out.
Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
yeah, its children i see sliding their EBTs are the liquor stores/walmart/stater bros.
look, a child
http://money.msn.com/now/post--how-a-sushi-eating-surfer-is-killing-food-stamps
From your article:
68% are children, disabled or elderly and are not expected to work.
13% are employed.
19% are not employed.
Oops. Thanks for proving my point though. Saved me the trouble. :D

See, this is the problem with anecdotal evidence. You see adults sliding cards, but the benefits are for their child. But you don't know that, so you just assume it's a scammer, because that's where your mind naturally goes.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
From your article:

Oops. Thanks for proving my point though. Saved me the trouble. :D

See, this is the problem with anecdotal evidence. You see adults sliding cards, but the benefits are for their child. But you don't know that, so you just assume it's a scammer, because that's where your mind naturally goes.
when I see them driving a better car that I have, yeah, its a "scammer" that comes to mind.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
when I see them driving a better car that I have, yeah, its a "scammer" that comes to mind.
You're totally projecting. What if that car was bought before hard times hit? What if it's paid off and cheaper to keep than to sell and get a new car that you deem more appropriate for their status? What if they have borrowed a parent's car to go shopping?

You appear to be extremely jealous of "welfare" recipients.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
You're totally projecting. What if that car was bought before hard times hit? What if it's paid off and cheaper to keep than to sell and get a new car? What if they have borrowed a parent's car to go shopping?

You appear to be extremely jealous of "welfare" recipients.
LMFAO. yeah, I am jealous . I better stop working & get on it :rolleyes::rolleyes: