GOP: The Bat**** Wing

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Mar 24, 2011.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Funny read. Kind of sad how Trump is using a "possible run for President" as a friggin' publicity stunt. Even he can't believe he has any chance.

LOLz.

2. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

The party of Lincoln. :rolleyes:

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

They're just completely imploding- rotting from the inside out. How pathetic.

5. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

what's pathetic is that they've been winning elections with some of these people

6. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I guess *******e happens in threes.

Adviser: Bachmann likely to enter WH race by June

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

8. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I don't know but the debates will be must see TV.

9. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Oh what a rich troll thread we weave, but it is entertaining. Perhaps someone on the other side of the troll isle can post something similar blasting *******e dems. I'm sure there are at least a few.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Or, instead of complaining, you could start your own. Please list for us the new Democratic presidential candidates and what makes them crazy.

Or, you could admit that the GOP is seriously in trouble putting these kinds of people out there.

Just sayin'. Because the point of the thread is quite valid.

11. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Hey, I'm just an innocent bystander who would never stoop to such partisan machinations. ;)

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Yeah bullsiht. The article really has nothing of substance other than "whine whine trump palin whine whine" just like this thread.

13. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Would demonstrating the existence of insane extreme left-wingers excuse or justify the demonstrated existence of insane extreme right-wingers?

Incidentally, I am not so sure as you. The present extremes of American right-wing thought have reached the point of a public folie à plusieurs, a level of rabid radicalism unmatched by either the left or earlier generations of the right. In these formerly-fringe corners there is zero tolerance for thought or dissent, widespread conspiracy theory and accusations of treason, invention of enemies and mutually reinforced thought purification and one-upmanship on the degree of individual fanaticism. Public leaders of the movement speak in ways formerly reserved for the sort of nutcase white-supremacist "soldier of fortune" character Americans used to back away from slowly, and the masses following them are melting into an acid trip of incoherent, screaming dogma in the desperate bid to prove their ideological worthiness. It isn't just a terrifying time to be against the right in America. It's a terrifying time to be with them, and I really wish they'd just ******* stop.

So, no, even though it doesn't really matter since the existence of a left-wing counterbalance to the radical Tea Party would compound the harm to America instead of mitigating it, and therefore merit equal denunciation rather than justify some sort of rhetorical detente, I contend that the present right-wing radicalism is a sui generis phenomenon, and the hypothesis of an opposite number on the left deserves a more critical examination than mere stipulation out of a misguided sense of balance or fairness.

14. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Feeling left out, Sarah Palin, fresh off her trips to Israel and India (padding that foreign policy resume), jumped right back into the bat**** lead with this gem from her interview with Van Susteren.

15. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

No. But it might get you to shorten your adjective-laced pretentious posts. ;)

16. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You can highlight the words you don't know, right click, look up in dictionary. ;)

17. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I saw what you did thar'. :)

18. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I must admit to being somewhat perplexed by his abstruse writing style as well.

19. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

And the dumbing down of America continues on multiple fronts...

20. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Is this just conjecture, or do you have some objective evidence you can cite to back it up?

21. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Conjecture about what? The existence of the radical right-wing insanity is well documented. You yourself did not challenge it in this thread, but merely offered the equivocal assessment that the left probably has something just as pernicious going on.

I expressed skepticism at this. I see nothing to compare to the viciousness easily found in this increasingly popular brand of present-day American right-wing extremism. Thus, I do not believe the assertion should pass without examination, especially as a dismissal of the extremism on display to the right.

In short, it's your conjecture. Describe the liberal counterweight you believe sits opposite the radical right, and how it in any way compares.

22. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

I LOL'd.

Documented by whom? Citations please.

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Good lord. Asking for documentation that the extreme right wing nutcases have taken over the asylum is sort of like asking for documentation that the sun comes up in the morning. Tune into any news channel but Fox, and you'll see it.

How sadly true. We've always had political lunatics, but the amount of faux legitimacy they've been able to obtain over the years is downright frightening.

In both cases, I blame Fox. Seriously. Aside from Limbaugh, Fox has been the primary vehicle for legitimizing crazy talk and crazy people. And the least politically sophisticated of us -- the kind who are now saying things like, "I never got involved in politics before" -- are the very ones who watch, listen, and then go out and vote for tea party loonies.

True enough, if that left wing counterbalance exemplifies the same level of extremism. However, I would submit that we may be seeing the left wing/moderate tea party counterpart forming in the shape of those noble middle class folk who are standing up in Wisconsin and Indiana and Ohio and elsewhere to say that enough is enough. Those are the true grass-roots movements.

24. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Ironically and unwittingly illustrating the dizzying gulf between someone who can string two multi-syllabic words together... and their detractors.

25. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

And the dumbing down of America continues in multiple fonts...
    :p