GOP website fail, Or: Feed wealthy Americans to the poor

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sky Blue, May 26, 2010.

1. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Republicans have launched a new web site where concerned citizens can suggest ideas and action for congress, and others can vote them up or down.

http://www.americaspeakingout.com

Unfortunately, the Internet happened.

Some suggestions:

"End Child Labor Laws, We coddle children too much. They need to spend their youth in the factories."

"A 'teacher' told my child in class that dolphins were mammals and not fish! And the same thing about whales! We need TRADITIONAL VALUES in all areas of education. If it swims in the water, it is a FISH. Period! End of Story."

"Mandatory spankings for my son's English teacher when she wears that one top because it's an affront to my Christian sensibilities and makes the Baby Jesus cry."

"If the North of the US declared war on the South of the US, we could create more military jobs. But it would be less expensive than fighting foreignors because our boyz could stay at home with their families, which woud also just make the military more family friendly and encourage more to join."

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I saw this on somethingawful this morning. It was getting hammered :D! Well worth a read for a laugh!

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Seems like most of these are jokes making fun of the GOP....

4. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Seems the PRSI forum maintains a healthy amount of skepticism for potential anonymous and/or plant-esque commentary links. Do we have a like concern here? Just curious.

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The site is getting hammered so much its a pain to navigate at the moment. Some of the comments are hilarious, however. Both posters and voters seem to be Dems undermining the site.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Yes, thats what happens when liberals overrun your site.

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

The vast majority are absolutely jokes. I thought Sky Blue made this pretty clear in the OP :confused:.

8. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

This is great.

Interestingly quite a few of the comments are serious/reasonable observations and opinions.

like this one:

Government funds should not go towards religious organizations. I don't want big government getting involved in my religion, and I don't want money being wasted on something I don't believe in. End the "christian nation" bull, taxpayer money shouldn't be wasted on religion (it falls into the category of "wasteful government spending"). So repeal the law about faith based initiatives.

And comments like this have very high levels of approval which sort of contradicts the sites intended purpose.

I think this pretty well proves that the GOP should stay away from the internet librools are still the techies of this nation.

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Or they gave liberals too much credit to not try to intentionally overtake a website like children. Also I don't know why the subjects getting high ratings is surprising to you, it appears that liberals are the majority of people on that site. Along with liberals being the techies of this nation we can also determine they have the average maturity level of a 5th grader.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

:rolleyes:

Yes, we all know that no one but liberals are capable of taking over a site. I assume by "liberal" you mean "anyone to the left of me by any amount?"

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

No, I specifically mean the lefties contributing to destroying a conservative website.

12. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

What exactly is wrong with what they are doing? Sure a few of the posts are jokes and arguably childish but many of them are serious points.

What is wrong with the liberal community making it clear that this is not a one sided debate, no where one the website does it say "for conservatives only".

The GOP gambled and assumed they had some enormous base of grass root support that would show those Washington democrats what the people really want. And it turns out what the people really want is cuts in military spending, legalization of marijuana, greater separation of church and state and socialized medicine...

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

And you don't think it could be freaks like 4chan, bored teenagers, people bored at work, etc because???

Oh yea I forgot, the big bad lefty super terror group is really behind anything that is unfortunate for the GOP in this country. :rolleyes:

Stop jumping to conclusions, you're just making yourself look like a whiny kid.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No- it's the response you get for letting the nut jobs take over the GOP. Even GOP members can't stand this guy. Look at it for what it is instead of always making things partisan.

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

That's what happens when you put something on the internet that allows people to post things without any sort of moderation or verification.

16. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Yeah, this is much worse then when GOPs join the Democratic party just before a primary so they can vote for the person they think has less of a chance against the GOP canidate in the election. We joke; you pieces of **** do stuff like that.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Oh please. :rolleyes:

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It was no more ridiculous than your statement.

19. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Why the roll eyes? Your god, Rush L. told his listeners to do that. Are you saying it didn't happen? Take your head out of your butt, the GOP invented dirty politics and you're crying about some jokes on a web site.

20. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Are you going to respond to my post? The majority of liberals seem to be using the site for its intended purpose.

It seems that the GOP doesn't actually know what Americans want.

21. Sky Blue thread starter Guest

Sky Blue

Yeah, not sure what that's about.

As AP_piano295 states there are some serious suggestions that have a majority of votes. There are also some serious right leaning polices that have a majority of negative votes (like the healthcare one).

22. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

The thing that is wrong with what they are doing is that they are simply reinforcing the idea that we all have to pick one side or the other and face each other off. There is no dialogue, no attempt at compromise, just the same divisive BS that we have been dealing with for several decades.
    The state of Washington used to have an open primary that allowed the voter to pick a party ballot at the polling place - there was one year that a lot of Democrats apparently picked Republican ballots and voted for a RWNJ for exactly that reason.

23. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

So what should liberals do? Just step aside and allow the GOP to project the image that there is wide spread support for ideas that many/most in this country are opposed to?

24. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Perhaps something like I just did: point out, steadfastly and unrelenting, that anyone who seeks to binarize the people, to goad us into factional fighting, merely serves to make the country worse. It is not the liberals or the conservatives, the Democrats, Republicans, Environmentalists, Libertarians, Communists or Jesus-freaks who hate America, it is only those who try to pit us against each other. The "thumbs-up-or-thumbs-down" paradigm of a site like americaspeakingout.com is just the kind of thing an America-hater would put up.