GOProud Member Doesn't Like Gays

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Feb 14, 2011.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

What a jerk. Hey- I'll be the first to point out when one of our own is acting like an idiot. And this guy definitely falls into that category. Every group of people has it's fools.

Oh- not to mention the fact that this guy is a huge nelly queen.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/02/12/GOProud_Member_Doesnt_Like_Gay_People/

2. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

Darn tootin'. Because gays are only tolerable as long as they act normal and know their place. :rolleyes:

It all sounds like a publicity stunt to me. If Palin reminded me of my mother, I'd keep that **** to myself.

3. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Put me in this guy's camp.

• I'm pro liberty.
    • I don't think the government should tell people who they can/can't marry.
    • I work with and have friends who are gay who I love spending time with.
    • Flamboyant homosexuals and other loud, obtuse, ecocentric, morons can potentially annoy the hell out of me.

If that last bullet makes you think I'm a bigot, then you either don't know what bigotry means, or you spend your whole life trying to find things that simply aren't there, just so you can play a victim for a little while longer. It's not disliking someone because they're gay, it's disliking someone because they're annoying.

Matt Hinsley said nothing wrong. He's gay, he supports the gay cause, but certain gay people annoy the hell out of him. Just like certain jocks probably annoy him, and certain computer nerds probably annoy him. How utterly reasonable.

4. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

On a side note, very glad to see GOProud playing a solid role at this year's CPAC. Proves yet again that Liberty is universal, and very popular.

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

He's a typical self-hating homo. That guy is gonna be lucky if anybody will even speak to him at this point. No guy with half an ounce of self respect would date this moron. And just so he knows- there are lots of "straight acting" gay guys out there. They just don't date idiots like him.

Well, if publicity is what he wanted, he certainly got it.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I thought you believed in individual liberty?

7. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yeah, kind of funny how that works, isn't it? Individual liberty is just fine until somebody gets annoyed, right? Wow. Amazing how the big picture gets missed.

8. Queso macrumors G4

What a totally 22 year-old thing to say. Maybe when he gets a bit older and stops knowing everything about everything he'll mature a little and realise what a complete maroon he comes across as.

Then again, if he hangs around at CPAC or the like probably not ;)

9. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yeah, I'll give him a little leeway for being young. But he will never forget that he did this, and it'll haunt him the rest of his life.

10. Queso macrumors G4

Compared to other things he's said this one might be forgettable on the "oh no, did I really say that in public?" reminiscence embarrassment scale.

He says he wants Sarah Palin to be President, because.....she reminds him of his mother. Yeah...

11. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh, make no mistake- both of those things make him look like an utter fool. ;)

12. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

It's amazing how poorly you guys actually comprehend liberty. I mean seriously, Eraserhead... I expect that stuff from Lee, but you seriously don't get it? I mean you seriously don't get that someone who supports someones right to do something or act a certain way has absolutely zero to do with whether or not they like said activities or want to participate in them personally?

Smoking for instance... I very much dislike going to restaurants that allow smoking. Just generally don't want that smell near me when eating. However, as an advocate of liberty, I 100% support that business owners right to allow smoking in his own restaurant. It's his/her choice whether or not to allow such things on their private property and I would never support any law or politician who wanted limit such things.

Pretty easy concept. But I do suppose that for someone who just votes on things out of a gut reaction, how they feel at any given time (many liberals do this quite often), (this is not a generalization, its an opinion based on many facts and observations over many years) not about the law, or based on the constitution, just whether they personally believe it would benefit them or benefit society... might have a problem comprehending that ideology.

13. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Yeah, we want our gays to act straight and will only vote for a "white" black man for president. :rolleyes:

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I certainly wouldn't have wanted my mother to be President of anything.

15. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

No it won't. Being honest that loud obnoxious gay people annoy you (especially ones that you feel might do a disservice to your cause) is not something to be ashamed of. He could have possibly phrased it better, but who cares? We all know what he means, and Lee just seems to be trying to crucify the man because 'he's a gay who stepped out of line.'

These GOProud members take a lot of heat from the left, just like conservative blacks being called 'uncle Tom', and powerful conservative women being called 'traitors to feminism'. How dare these people choose to speak out about what they believe. How dare these people hold opinions on politics different than the Democrat party? How DARE THEY!?!

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I didn't realise the Democrat party had a position on "loud, obnoxious gays".

17. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

It's less about "how dare they," and more about "how could they." This guy may be "annoyed" by loud and flamboyant behavior, but it sounds like he's not expressing a personal annoyance, but rather his opinion that gays should be closeted. That's apparent in his support for a political party that wants to deny American citizens the same rights as other American citizens merely because of their sexual preference.

You can spin it all you want, but the issue isn't that conservative gays, blacks or women are "stepping out of line," but that they support a party that doesn't support them.

18. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Whew. You scared me for a second. You didn't mention 'liberals' until near the end of your diatribe. :p

19. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I don't think they do, but they definitely have an unwritten rule not to in any way say anything negative or politically incorrect about any 'protected' class, ever. If it's not white, male, or praying under a cross, leave it alone! ;)

Exactly... blacks, gays, and women advocating for policy changes within the party that fits 90% of your own political beliefs. How DARE they. How DARE they not tow the party line? How could they take a different approach than the rest of us? How could they think different? Here's the tolerant left, everyone...

You get rights because you're a human - regardless of sex, race, or orientation. Not because of them.

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Plus, there's no such thing as the Democrat Party. It's the Democratic Party.

21. mcrain, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011

mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Ok, care to explain Rand Paul's stance that people have a constitutional right to discriminate based on race? If we have rights because we are human, then why do the Republicans and Tea Partiers work so hard to take those rights away?

22. Queso macrumors G4

Maybe if he were a little more knowledgeable he'd realise he would still be getting the crap beaten out of him for being an out gay if it weren't for those same "effeminate" people who blazed the trail on behalf of his ungrateful backside.

This isn't about political parties, it's about ignorance. This snotty little oik needs to put down his copy of Going Rogue and pick up a book on the history of the gay rights movement. It may enlighten him a little as to why his narrow-minded views get people's backs up.

23. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

Exactly. The drag queens at Stonewall were anything but un-annoying.

24. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Sure. It's not complicated. The boy scouts should be able to be a male-only group because of freedom of association. A girls's volleyball team should be able to be a female-only group, no matter how much I want to play volleyball with them. The KKK should be able to be a white-only group.. The NAACP should be able to be a black-only group. Not because I support any of these acts of discrimination, but because discrimination is a natural part of all of our lives and something I would not prevent other people from doing unless it affected the liberties of someone else. When I go to the store, I discriminate products to purchase. When I pick my friends, I discriminate people who are more like me or fun to be around. When I start a business, I may only choose to serve farmers needs and not manufacturers.

Similarly, I believe it to be the right of a RACIST ******* to not allow asians to eat at his restaurant no matter how much I hate him for it. The world is a better place without him in it, but I'll gladly defend his right to be a RACIST ******* unless he hurts or otherwise affects the liberties of others. The whole point is that I'm not picking and choosing which 'discrimination' is bad, and which is good. I'm simply not willing to impress my personal views on others and say that this type of discrimination is ok, but this one isn't. Let the RACIST ******* be a RACIST *******, and let him reap the consequences, pure and simple.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Being racist in public is actually illegal in the UK, and while it is legal in the US you're still being intolerant by stating them publicly.

This guy is perfectly entitled to make these statements privately, but when he makes them publicly, he isn't really supporting individual liberty anymore as he's pressuring them to do what he wants - which isn't fair.