Gore campaign team assembles in secret

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Apr 22, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

sunday telegraph

*that* would certainly make the race interesting. i'd be all over a gore/obama ticket.

2. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

I consider Gore to be the one man capable of not only winning the election,
    but also someone determined to return our country to a place of honor and respect in the world.

He has a tough battle ahead if he plans to take on the corruption of government and big business, but he also has enough self generated funding to turn his back on certain entities that might otherwise hope to influence a candidate of this importance.

I can't help but worry for his safety knowing how determined some people
    might be to undermine his popularity.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

4. Queso macrumors G4

LOL. I can imagine Steve's keynote addresses.

"And now we're going to iChat with The Oval Office. Hi Al!!" :D

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Edwards seems to be trying to track left of the middle-of-the-road positions he and Kerry held in the 2004 election. Gore has been tracking left ever since he did the same thing in 2000. And they're both from southern states. I think a Gore-Edwards ticket would be something I could get interested in. Though I could see the Republicans deriding it as warmed-over 2000/2004 material. :rolleyes:

But I can see the campaign slogan now: "This is your chance to get it right." :D

6. calculus Guest

calculus

Would that count as his second term?

7. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

8. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Gore-Anybody is a ticket I'd work for.

Gore needs to get into the race, otherwise Hillary will get the nomination and hand the white house to republicans for another 4 years.

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Gore/Obama or Obama/Gore would work very well for me. but if Gore does jump in i don't really see the latter happening. interesting development nonetheless.

10. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

That would be a most interesting ticket.

Actually met VP Gore at a conference in DC. Interesting fellow.

My unit flew him (as well a VP Quayle a few years earlier) around Japan when they were visiting the Far East.

11. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I think it would have to be Gore/Obama this time around.

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

A Gore/Obama ticket would be a democrats wet dream, however I can't imagine Obama would take a back seat considering how much money he's accrued.

13. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Trying to get more money from Buddhist monks?

14. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Once again, it's Swarmlord making a one sentence post that adds absolutely nothing to the discussion. Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

15. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I'm just wondering what he would bring to this so called dream ticket. The only thing I could think about was the money and I found it interesting he was visiting the Far East. Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences.

16. Queso macrumors G4

So you would rather your President and Vice-President never travelled outside your own country? Sushi also mentions his unit flew Dan Quayle on his travels. Also just about the money, or representing US interests?

17. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

No, it's just that there are a few more places to visit than the orient. I just pointed out the coincidence.

On Gore though. He's old news even to the Dem party apparatchiks. They like him and show him deference because of the place he once held in the party, but I don't see the money and support being there given the other candidates.

18. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

If he runs, the Military-Industrial complex won't let him win. After all, why would we spend all that $$ on military R&D when Al could just call up his buddy Steve and summon the great iPod army...

Attached Files:

19. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Swarmlord, if you knew anything about Democratic Party politics you would know that Gore's support isn't coming from "party apparatchiks." It's coming from people who have heard him as one of the first voices condemning the war, from those who admire his prompt and early warnings on the violations of our civil liberties and the use of torture by this administration, and by those who recognize his long time commitment to environmental issues. Combine his stance on those issues with his support for single-payer health reform, and what you have is a candidate who is as far from what the apparatchiks have advocated over the last 6 plus years as you can get. He is the favorite of the "netroots" and of organizations like moveon.org, not the party elite.

20. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

Just out if curiosity, does anyone know when is the latest that a presidential hopeful can announce their candidacy for the 2008 run?

The campaigns of Obama and Clinton are likely to get real ugly over the next few months, and I for one and turned off by negative add campaigns. If others are likewise averse mudslinging, Perhaps Gore's best bet chance is to come in late with a series of honest advertisements, praising the strenghts of Obama, Clinton, and Edwards, acknowleding that any of the three would be a better choice than the Republican opponent, and then pointing out the additional qualities he can add.

21. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

if he loses, then Gore asks, I'd bet he agree, after all he would already have give up/lost

22. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

He isn't the fair haired boy fresh from two terms as VP anymore. I don't see the DNC and the funding it controls, Soros, or any of the other cash cows of the Dem kingmaker wannabes throwing their weight behind him. Sure there's some Hollywood types that liked him the first time around that would throw him a part or two, but I don't see anyone backing him against Hillary.

Just to throw this out though, I could see him picked up by Hillary as a VP or Cab member because I don't think she's going to be able to draw on the rest of the field after the Clinton machine smears them through the primaries.

23. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Wish I had voted Gore before. He would get my vote over any of the top runners in the democrat & republican partys.

24. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I've actually heard rumors that Gore would plan to come in when/if the Clinton and Obama campaigns get ugly. I don't know where I had heard it from, or if it was just wishful thinking. If he were to do it though, that'd be the best time for him to jump in.

25. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

if i were old enough, i would vote for him without question.

i think his stance on global warming and the environment would change the world if he were to become president.