Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rumorman69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Like many of you, I love using my leather iPhone 5S case from Apple. I was expecting to buy another case from them this year for my iPhone 6. However, now I noticed that both their leather and their silicone case have the bottom uncovered. Does anyone know of any alternative cases that cover the top and bottom? I'm looking for a very simple / elegant case (no tacky cutout for the Apple logo) that covers the back, sides, top and bottom. It should be softish on the inside, so as to not scratch/dent my phone. Any thoughts? Thanks!

rumorman69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
So, now that some time has passed. Can anyone recommend a case based on the qualities I like?:
-covered top and bottom
-clean
-not bulky
-Softish on the inside

Thanks!

yezza

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
I've been using a black Power Support Air Jacket on my 5 for nearly two years, and it's been my favourite case to date, and I've not noticed any negative effects with the hardness/softness of the inside. I'll be going for the same thing for the 6 Plus.

Power Support have announced pre-orders for the 6 Plus version:

http://www.powersupportintl.com/Air-Jacket-Rubber-Black-for-iPhone-6-Plus-p/upyk-82.htm

UPYK-82-4T.jpg

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
I've been using a black Power Support Air Jacket on my 5 for nearly two years, and it's been my favourite case to date, and I've not noticed any negative effects with the hardness/softness of the inside. I'll be going for the same thing for the 6 Plus.

http://www.powersupportintl.com/Air-Jacket-Rubber-Black-for-iPhone-6-Plus-p/upyk-82.htm

Wow I didn't know they had preorders. I'm going to hit up the clear version.

arliu

macrumors regular
May 1, 2011

thank you so much for posting this. PS makes the best cases. dropped my iphone 5 like 100 times in this case and no damage to the phone

didiee

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Neighborhood
thank you so much for posting this. PS makes the best cases. dropped my iphone 5 like 100 times in this case and no damage to the phone

so $30 well spent? I had a veil for 5, only 2,3 drops, then it was money down the drain. i finally got a slim armor s for my 5.

had a casology something, eliminated that after 4 days. now on spigen neo hybrid... that's going to go soon. have a ringke coming in today. I am just not sure how durable air jacket is, since a lot of people feels it's more for scratch production, not drop protection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.