Gorgeous iOS 12 Concept - Displayed on iPhone 8

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by LoveToMacRumors, Aug 5, 2017.

1. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

https://www.behance.net/gallery/55354671/NEW-IOS-12-Concept-Displayed-on-iphone-8

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

That bar on the bottom reminds me of Android, I don't think Apple would do it like that. Otherwise, good concepts. I especially want to see the dark mode become a reality.

3. The Unseen macrumors member

The Unseen

Some ideas are good, but the bar on the bottom, the widgets in the home screen and the “easy” switcher are not so.

4. johannnn macrumors 65816

johannnn

Why should I have the volume % on my freaking home screen? I get that many geeks like GeekTool, but many of the ideas in this concept are not for the masses.

5. MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

6. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Basically, an Android rip is what iOS 12 should look like? So many elements are from Android and it looks it. No thanks. Other parts look good.

7. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

This is the best executed mock up I've seen. I think it goes further than Apple would do, and some things would be too complicated.

8. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

This is basically Android.

And I hope they bring a lot of it to us.

9. Diving Capers macrumors regular

Diving Capers

Exactly... to me it looks like android with an iOS skin. Some of it does look good though.

I wish someone did a concept that really changed the way a mobile OS looks, feels and works.

Since the iPhone came out it has basically stayed the same, with higher definition icons and some basic functionality added.

I don't think there has been a revolutionary change yet.

10. emulajavi macrumors regular

Wow!

Fantastic!

This should be iOS 11! Not 12!

11. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

12. fox1401 macrumors regular

fox1401

13. abcdefg12345 macrumors regular

abcdefg12345

Considering the fools at apple are removing touch id and I'm due for an upgrade this year and i refuse any phone without a finger print scanner, my 6s might end up being replaced with the s8, which already includes all this.

14. nfl46 macrumors 603

15. mariusignorello macrumors 65816

All I’m going to say is if you want Android, leave iOS. But I don’t believe anyone wants a mixture of the two. It looks phony and some of those “features” complicate the “simplification” of the operating system.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 6, 2017 ---
    What proof do you have that they are removing Touch ID? Lack of references in the HomePod firmware doesn’t count, as that’s not for production use. I can wait.....

Anyone else can chime in too. Who started this drama about no Touch ID?

16. TinaBelcher, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017

TinaBelcher macrumors 6502

Dark more won't happen. They've been trolling us with that since iOS 9. Apple are all about that "white" theme

17. Infiniverse48 macrumors 6502a

18. hojx macrumors 6502

hojx

The “concept” does not consider basic details like consistency in dimensions, positioning and how animations will work.

How does the centred clock in the lockscreen transition to left-aligned in the homescreen (they are also at different vertical positions)?
    How does the opaque Wi-Fi toggle peek/pop to that other screen?

There are many other things like the difference in width of lockscreen widgets vs lockscreen notifications, the bizzare top-bottom radius in Music, and so on.

19. JarScott macrumors 601

JarScott

The 'home button' won't be visible even nearly as much as that concept suggests. No point building a bigger display, removing the physical home button and then taking the bottom of the screen up with an ugly black box and 'virtual' home button. Apple will utilise screen space as much as possible, and show the home button as little as possible. i.e the homescreen will extend to the bottom of the display, Safari, all apps etc. I imagine there will be some way of 'calling' the homescreen button, or it'll just be a transparent circle that blends in nicely to the app that's being used.

20. inkahauts macrumors regular

This seems done by some android lover who wants a back button and stupid widgets in the screen that just annoy the heck out of me.

21. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

Great concept. The people responsible for control center in iOS 11 ought to be fired.

22. DNichter macrumors 68040

DNichter

I like it. Definitely pulls from some of the good parts of Android, which I am okay with. Android does some things right, but lacks the polish of iOS. Plus, I won't be leaving Apple's ecosystem anytime soon for many reasons. Overall a solid concept, for whatever it's worth.

23. eatrains macrumors regular

Whoever made this does not understand Apple or iOS. Why are there two different places for phone favorites? Why are there two different app switchers? And why does the app switcher have a Clear All button when apps aren't meant to be cleared and a Home button when there's already a Home button at the bottom of the screen? You can't swipe from the left to get to app task switcher because swiping from the left is the Back gesture. This is an Android skin, not an iOS concept.

24. LordQ Suspended

LordQ